Dumbed down build

Might be glued, dunno. Convoys as a rule aren’t.

Alright! You guys know your stuff…
Man, i had know clue how complicated these things are….I remember hooking some wires and a bulb to a potato once….those were the days!
Is the S2 a single or triple led? I’m getting mixed messages reading the blurb on Mountain Electronics…

No!

The light you linked is not glued, and is a great one :smiley:

Get the TK15/VG15S on Amazon. The VG15S and TK15 are very easy lights to mod :slight_smile:

I personally replaced the XP-L2 70CRI with an LH351D 4000k 90CRI, and the light is now my EDC!

They’re not? Kewl, then. Yeah, go for it…

I know my TK05s aren’t, but didn’t try taking apart my TK18s, dunno at all about the TK15s.

Funny, this Mila also can speak russian.

I’ll have the Torchfire Wednesday, I’ll swap out the internals for what I THINK I want and watch the sparks fly! Need to come up with something very different to negate heat…preferably something that has direct connection to ambient air. Think I have an idea…maybe a test of machining skill. Hopefully I’ll have that 2k flashlight!

@blueswordM
So I disassembled the light today…I see there is a tiny Phillips screw on driver…after taking that out…how do you remove the actual led/driver? Everything else was smooth…last part is fighting me.
Side note, my Olight Baton S1 at 500lm Seems brighter than the Thorfire at 1000+ but this is just for getting familiar with the inner workings.

post a pic

Be aware that if you use 2 batteries in series, that can get you into trouble.

you may also take a look on my drivers with Bistro HD OTSM for clicky
or ramping firmwares for e-switch

So you also would recommend the 18650 battery? Now I see one from this Thorfire, it is bigger than I want, but POSSIBLY workable. I guess it depends on how much heat will be generated with whatever setup I end with. I’m THINKING more light would be thrown with 3 cells instead of just one?

I am not sure of anything you said there….is that English? :slight_smile:

I’ll do that, but how DO YOU do that here?

Test picture…not embedded…can’t get that to work.

Torch

It's difficult if not impossible to embed Flickr images.

Front of driver

So there is a small Phillips you can see from front, remove it and I can’t pull, push or turn the driver out….

Rear of driver

They used to work decently…but yeah, not so much now. Photobucket was the go to but since they went pay accounts…they have left a lot of dead photo links out there. I have no idea where else to go…

Flickr embed! Only took an hour!

Torch in the background…ALWAYS HAS HIS EDC!