Duracell 2500 Focusing LED Flashlight Model #7159-DF2500

Just interested in finding out if anyone has this 9 AA flashlight by Duracell. Rural King sells them and it looks like it might be a Modern replacement for the old 3 or 4 cell Mag light. Any feed back on this big light would be helpful! Thanks!

You could get a 3D-cell LED maglite and just use those ubiquitous 3AA to D cell converters?

Looks like 12AA cells? And claims 2500lm, a runtime graph would be needed to prove that claim….

Any reason you wouldn’t just go for an (eg) single 26650 sized light with a side switch?

I have probably the equivalent Energizer 10AA unit. 2000 lumens. Purchased for $8 on special from Amazon. Same size as 3D Maglite. It’s actually quite nice for the price.

Thanks for the response! The newer Duracell 2500 Lumens focusing LED flashlight uses 9 AA batteries. The only reason I am interested is the flood to spot capability of this light and the fact that it is discounted at Rural King.

How much?

Prices on this Duracell light are all over the place. Amazon sells it for $79.00 and I saw it another time on Amazon for $59.00. Rural King listed it for $39.00 and had a sale for $29.00!

I am interested. If a light is to be stored for a long time, say a year or more in between uses, Li-Ion batteries appear to be a bad choice. AA batteries rule that roost.

That is so not true.

All I know is if you are storing or keeping a light with batteries in very cold conditions, Lithium batteries work better than alkaline. Please correct me if I am wrong!

From what I understand, lithium primary cells are the champions (AA or CR123).

so long as there is no parositic drain from aux LED or e-switch, modern Li-ion cells in 18650/21700/etc format are pretty good, so long as long term storage temps aren’t too hot (+30 to 40Cish) and so long as usage temps aren’t extremely cold…