dw4 w/ dual flood&throw (choosing LED, and advice on bike helmet mount)

Thanks!

1 Thank

10621 offers you

1. more throw with the W1, and
  2. much better beam profile with the 519A, with no tint shift, instead of massive angular tint shift with the 10622. Check out reviews of the Acebeam E70 mini, which uses 519A and 10507 (triple version of 10621), to get a sense of the beam profile.

Which 18350 batteries for the small tube?

Doesn’t say the amps

This one 3amps

there’s a couple other vapcell- 9amp, 10amp at 1100mAh
but those are out of stock
or an epoch at 18350batterystore has higher shipping cost
i could get it later and just use 18650 for now…

Does anyone know if the latest Anduril can do police strobe even on dual channel lights?
and someone told me the aux RGB now can be used as individual channel?

My m44 I got late October I didn’t notice such
I could ask Hank to put the latest on the dw4 maybe
I’m not sure I should add the flashlight cord

If there’s gonna be a useful feature I could get it
Else just ask for the dw4 to be upgraded before order

$4.25 per (after bulkrate 10+ units)

not as high mAh as the Vapcell
1100mAh may be ok and just pack an extra battery

but shipping is upwards of $8, upwards of

i might skip the flashing kit unless Anduril definitely has some Aux modes

btw these shops have some great service
BatteryJunction has been friendly and helpful, even after mistake missed a battery case had it resent last time

Li-ion Wholesale just replied to my question quickly (it’s almost 6pm in this timezone)

According to UltraFire’s website, their 18350 battery has a max discharge current of 1.8A.

3A is not considered high-drain though, so you may want to wait a bit until we are able to restock our A11 or M11 18350s (both rated for 9A+). Our Vapcell shipment should arrive in about 2-3 weeks.

Hank says no Aux colors as a channel mode… No police strobe
If I’m understanding correctly
even on current firmware

Someone told me about an older branched Anduril also but it is Dual Tint Strobe not RGB on dual channel lights.
Maybe the two regular channels would make a cool strobe

Yeah someone definitely says it’s in the new Anduril can reflash and set the color for police strobe
and I see a diagram for 9H or whatever to also set the Aux as channel

As for emitter, and lens
I might do 10621 with additional floody
but I’m asking Hank if he suggest I get a few optics, or I’d that similar to a 10623, 10622
The same as 10621 w/ floody… If it’s very similar?

Now I’m seeing folks using 219b emitters for stuff
It’s not easy to mod my m44 to that now, right?
very floody with 519a

Or whether to try 219b with the dw4
If it’s not as throwy as the w1 I might skip it
Throwy is better for ceiling bounce? Dt8 might be nice for small time use

alright i found more info on 219b is less efficient/bright than 519a even at same amperage
and can’t do as high amperage
but folks say 219b has some purple rose tints that are way better in some opinion?
anyone got beamshots

found some

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/v2zr3l/improved_519a_hanklight_beamshot_comparison_by/

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/5xxlvn/beamshots_of_the_nichia_319a_80_cri_5000k_219c_90/

chart
https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/scntbw/nichia_519a_light_output_compared_with_other/

hah i even considered adding titanium tube for it
too heavy, right

so i’m about ready to order
anyone’s opinion whether to get 219b or 519a? it’s a linear driver?
i wanna try 219b but check out the chart i linked

seems like a waste for linear driver if it’s less than 1/2 as bright and efficient

beamshot i found posted

Definitely 519A. It is more floody and has higher output, both of which seem to be desirable attributes for you. Also a wider selection of CCT to choose from.

On top of this I prefer the neutral tint of the 519A. The 219B is too pink and you might get sick of it very quickly.

Simon is shipping Keeppower IMR18350 1200mAh with his flashlights, seems to work very well in my S2+ with 519A so far. 10A max according to specs, and fairly cheap.

How much higher output? I already ordered 219b.
I might be ok with the tint. I really want to just try 219b without buying more lights.

That’s what I’m trying to find out. If 519a is 20% brighter or efficient, 219b is ok.
If it’s 40% but only for turbo and such, it depends.

But If overall it’s marginally the same sustained brightness, 219b is ok.

The graph you posted earlier already has the info you need. Above 3 amps per emitter the 519A is more than 40% more efficient and this number keeps increasing.

The sustained output will be different too, the 519A is more efficient even at lower drive currents. The 219B will have a smaller hotspot and be a bit more throwy, so maybe you won’t notice.

Ok

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/s/qg1JPu1HXD

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hanklights/s/sjZ9l1bq9A

A shop sells dw4?
I already ordered this with 219b

I might get batteries from Li-ion wholesale

Nah, Simon is Convoy. He only sells Convoy lights - and the 18350s with 1200 mAh and 10A for iirc 4-5 bucks a piece. Ordered one a few weeks ago.

Just my 2c but for bike use, you’ll need longer runtime. So that means a regulated (buck/boost) driver.

I have 519s, W1s, W2s but all non-boost and none of them will sustain long enough to still compete with street lights and see the road ahead, more so, if mounted on your head. Might be different if you use them in totally dark pathways/trails and can lower the brightness to around 60-70(?).

And how fast do you ride? Faster, need brighter and longer throw. I’m currently putting a wurkkos TS22 to good use in my night rides but planning to get a D1V2 with an xhp70.3 for a smaller form-factor. Plus, the TS22 flickers during hard bumps, which sucks.

Blockquote
… I really want to just try 219b without buying more lights.

I also told myself this when I ordered my 2nd Hank light and spec’ed it colorful Ti…last light so max-bling, right? I now have four of his lights and 2 more coming in… :man_facepalming:

So I’m told dual driver can’t do boost? This is in addition to a nitecore br25 handlebar light. Just some extra safety I guess if I go to pickup something from the store or something maybe.
could consider a zebralight if someone has beamshots for the different degrees flood. But the dw4 is ordered and I can pack some extra batteries.

Yeah titanium Raw Ore color might be nice. I got prices even for the tubes if I swapped in the dw4 but it wouldn’t fully match the grey.