DX points

I have accumulated $175 worth of DX points.

Woot!

LOL, I work in a small electronics storefront and we have started carrying a couple flashlights. So add that to my personal orders and it adds up quick.

It seems a hassle to use them. Unlike manafont where you just click a box. Note 10 points = 1 usd. You get one point for every 10 usd you spend. To get $175 you would have to spend 17.5 K are you sure you have $175 in points.

Not quite?

If $10 = 1 point, then you would have to spend $1750 to get $175 in points (1750/10=175)

$10 spent = 1 point, 10 points is worth $1, so to get $175 back (1750 points) you'd have to spend $17500.

In other words, the cash back in points is 1% of order value.

Gotcha, my mistake.

you really do have to spend a lot to use the points for anything.

In a few words, you have 17,5 dollars to spend at DX using the DX points (not 175)

These "points" reward systems are inevitably a con job used to encourage the gullible to return to the store (of any colour, not just DX).

As someone else has said, it works out to a mere 1% discount in the long term. Why would you bother? I could do a lot better arguing the toss for a better discount at another store, and without all the silly DX hassle and 60-day waiting period.

And sorry; I can't seriously accept that somebody has really spent $17,500 at DX. I doubt that I'd spend that on electronic gadgets in a lifetime LOL.

Did you notice this comment?

I work in a small electronics storefront and we have started carrying a couple flashlights.

To actually answer the OP's question, the FandyFire STL-V6 is supposedly nice, but perhaps you can help the forum out by getting some new-ish stuff that other people are curious about:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3205

The new xml bike/head lights they got seem interesting too at <50, if you have a bike or head.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3124

I still don't think they spent $17.5 k but if they did they must have a lot of stock.

I think its possible, counted my purchase from deal extreme alone and already spent more than 600USD. I cant believe it myself since also purchased a lot from kaidomain, ebay, hkequipment, 4sevens etc.

Yep... I did see that: I did the maths then too and thought, gee, that's a lot of turnover particularly for a "small" store. Like selling 350 budget flashlights (say @ 50 bucks ea) over relatively short time span... we have "started" carrying a "couple" of flashlights.

If the OP is looking at the X6 SST90 as a goer, then my only comment would be that I try and avoid torches with odd numbers of cells, simply because I'm a piker—LOL—and you'd have to buy—in this case—2 sets of 18650s to keep 'em matched with one set on charge and one in use. IE, 6 cells versus 4 cells = $30 less.

Which is one of the reasons I bought the Trustfire SST50 with 2x 18650s @ less than 100 bucks. IMHO the SST90s aren't generally worth the additional cost over the SST50s, unless you have a very specific need that requires the extra throw.

—my 02¢

BTW:

Can those DX-points be used as a discount for item, that costs more than you have points?

For example:

Ordered one item for my friend. Can I get my points used to get this a bit cheaper

OR

Do I have to add some SKU, that meets with the amount of my points?

Might I add it took 2 years to accumulate these points. Pretty easy to add up these numbers up when your averaging $600-$700 worth of orders every month plus my personal purchases on top of it.

+1, a supplier could not lost 10% profit in a item, but 1% profit can be ignore, i think.

Yes, but you have to use their CSE system. CS agents can issue a partial refund in exchange for points (just be prepared for some back-and-forth, as most of them don't know their own rules) and they can also add an item to an existing order with either your points or combination of points and cash. The problem is that they will generally try to make it a huge pain to use your points. I used to post a lot of pictures over at DX. Not for the points, because, well, my time is worth more than 2 DX points and for the most part, it takes some time to get decent shots.

Anyway, it's a huge hassle because you can't just use your points to order an item. Current policy is, it has to be added to an existing order. In other words, you have to order (and actually pay for) something (even if it's just a piggy light) and I've lost count how many times they sat on a CS ticket until the order had shipped, had an item "momentarily out of stock", even when it was clearly spelled out that I'd be happy to wait or just "accidentally" screwed up their math.

I eventually had to step on some toes to get what I had ordered and I think even at this point, my DX points balance is still negative because their system is so screwed up. After that, I decided not to bother any more. I don't nearly hang out as much over there as I used to and I hardly post anymore. Financially, it was never worth it anyway and life is just too short for a lot of what goes on over there. I realize much of it has to do with the average age over there but, to quote Danny Glover, "I'm too old for this... crap". :D

I used to enjoy shopping there. And I still like DX and for some stuff, it really is hard to beat them. I just don't like to spend as much time and money there as I used to.

OK, thanks. Got only 88 points so maybe not bothering to do anything right now...

No problem. :)

Personally, I wouldn't really bother for 88 points unless you have a lot of free time.

I guess it might be worth it if you have a popular blog or something and I can see why people use loyalty cards at the grocery store (you gotta eat) but 1% off? Meh, I think I'm not going to jump through hoops for that. ;)