*****Eagle Eye X6 heatsinks ******CLOSED RUN #3 STARTED

How many more do we need to make this happen?

Ill just have them made in the next week, my machine guy still has 3ft of copper left

I can go for only one - copper is fine if that's what it will be. Can't do anymore than 1 - I got a triple and a quad built now.

Hi Nitro, are you making the Alum ones too? Somehow I’m not on the list for the 2 aluminum heatsinks I requested earlier.

I will take one of what ever is made. If I can afford 2 at the time I’ll take extra if it helps

Once they are made ill make another thread posting what i have and prices ect.....

I do wish this was a kit, like the first posting. I think I would like the tall one.

Yes these will be the tall version so u do not have to use a the glass lens

Good stuffs. Still waiting for a reliable source for X6 host .
#Shenzhen jin lang electronics co., LTD

Just to clarify…will the taller one only be available in aluminum and not he copper?

I can have them in both but for copper it might go up in price a little due to the cost of the material

That’s great, then I’d definitely be interested in a copper one too.

By the way…just wanted to thank you for this. My favorite light is my triple XP-L X6…and your heatsink made it possible. I can’t wait to make another one for my dad…he is so envious of the light!

Since he’s your dad, you should make his extra special - put 3X Nichia 219C’s in it! Sure, it won’t have the raw lumens of the XP-L’s but the tint and high CRI will be SO nice, and it’ll still be way bright!

That’s a really good idea. I was thinking about it. I believe the Nichia 219C’s that Richard will be getting in only have a 85 CRI. Do you think the tint will be that much better than the XP-L’s?

How much less output do you think I’d be giving up? I believe I read somewhere that ~ 3000 lumens are possible with a triple 219C with a FET and 30Q. Do you recall what a triple XP-L does? 3500 lumens?

My forgetter is getting better every day! :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish I could answer your questions, but I’m having trouble recalling the right answers. Perhaps someone else will chime in. Dale (DBCustom) has had experience with pushing emitters to the limits of possibility, so he can tell you what kind of output you can get from the triple, whether XP-L or 219C. Lots of people around here can give you advice about how much better the tint is with the Nichia’s. Admittedly, I’ve never used a 219C and I’m not very good at discerning tint anyway. I’m just spouting back the opinion I’ve read on here from several others that all seem to agree the Nichia is better. :bigsmile:

No problem, thanks for the suggestion though David. I’ll probably build both and compare.

Dale did a quad 219c and it is currently the highest-output single-cell light in existence (at least that I can recall reading about). XP-L’s give more per amp though.

Edit: I remembered wrong. Definitely not the highest-output, but it still broke 4000 lumens (and 20amps)

That’s amazing…Dale’s triples & quads are so awesome.

My X6 quad of XP-L V6 2A does 4284 lumens @11.0A tail on a SAM 25R.

My X6 triple of XP-L V6 3D does 4250 lumens @10.02A tail on a EFEST 35A.

The triple has no glass lens (not needed), 18 AWG LED wires, 20 AWG spring bypass's, FET+1, SIR800DP FET, BLF A6 firmware.

Dale and I have the same design PVC light box, and since these lights are major flooders, I suspect our #'s are over-inflated a bit (PVC light box's can get higher readings with wide spill lights). My XP-L quad and triple did a little better than Dales, but think for good reasons - I got a UCLp in the quad, no lens in the triple, don't think he used V6 bin emitters - not sure.

Seriously think'n of putting the quad up for sale - I have no use for 2 of these....

I’m currently debating between making an XPL-HI or 219C triple. Think I’m leaning towards 4000k 219C.