EDC Tactical Pen

I just measured mine, it’s just a hair over 5 1/8” long, and the clip is very strong.

It’ll hold snug to my jeans, or a shirt pocket quite securely, and it gives a nice click when pulled loose as the clip snaps to the pen.

I ended up with the Benchmade 1100. It wasn’t cheap. $110.

I ended up buying the Schrade and another almost identical Smith and Wesson which has a different tip.

Well that convinced me.
Good clip, not too long, & not too expensive.
I’ll be placing my order in a few minutes.

This has been my EDC “tactical pen”, with modded clip, for a while! Bought in AliExpress, cheap, but resistant!

Still, I’ve been considering other options, such as Manker PL11 and Wuben TP10 pens:
Any feedback on these?

I have several, but this one rides my pocket, bolt action is very convenient and it actually looks more like a pen, than a weapon :smiling_imp:

(Fura or generic brand)

I bought the one from AE, it seems to hold up so far.

The word “tactical”is a marketing con.If it’s tactical the price automatically doubles.I realize that some of you are denied the right to defend yourself by your government but a pen? Most “tactical”pens contain enough metal to set off a metal detector.A zealous security guard will take it if it looks like a weapon.
How about a pocket knife? Even a short knife is better than a pen.What you can’t carry any kind of knife?What about an umbrella,it’s got a lot more reach than a pen.My favorite thing to carry when I can’t carry a gun is a stock cane that I got at the farm store.Police and security guards never question me about it.

I bought 1 from TG for $20. Pretty decent. Have yet to use in tactical situation.

Hum, I get your point on this :wink:
The “tactical” means less for me than “having a cheap ”metalish” pen with which I can write and use in others ways in case of emergency”! That is mostly my point! Fortunately, I never had any trouble on the street or any other place where I needed to use a knife or a bat or other thing, though I like to be prepared if that comes to happen (first on my mind, then on my pockets, of course!!) !

Despite carrying a knife all the time (small or big, or more than one, depending on the occasions) the metal pen is not seen much as a weapon, so I can carry it in some places where a knife wouldn’t enter (a plane, as example) and, if needed, use it as a “tactical tool”!

A “tactical pen” seems like one of those things that will almost never be used for self-defense and instead be a second-rate writing instrument you’re now having to carry with you, whereas any thick, metal pen that is great at writing can probably be used in the same scenario equally effectively, and, as a bonus, you’re not carrying what can be interpreted as a weapon all day with you.

Well I think the Israeli’s introduced them as a tactical pen. The pen is not really a ballpoint but a kubotan

I have seen some demonstration of a colleague who practice Krav Maga and ‘hide it’ as a keychain

If you want a real good pen / ballpoint I can recommend the Pilot Down Force…it’s a pressurized pen and great as a EDC pen. So you can write up-side-down with it. I have one for more than a year and it doesn’t leak and always carry it in my bag. Only EUR 6,00 :+1:

Able to write upside-down, underwater, over grease, and in extreme hot and cold temperatures, the Pilot Down force is ready for anything—from kitchen adventures to Antarctic expeditions. The secret lies in a clever mechanism in the pen’s top button. Every time you push the button to extend the tip, that pressure is channeled into the refill, ensuring a reliable flow of ink in any conditions.