EDCGEAR carabiner tools, mini prybars, keyring gadgets, etc.

I’ve not seen that Swiss Tech variant before. I had one on my keys but find it’s not very good at anything (and a risk of cutting hand with it, using it as a screwdriver), so took it off.

Yeah, it’s not very handy… You’ve probably never seen it cause it was made back when dinosaurs roamed. I like that al1

Where’s that “Powerfix Profi” multitool available? Just Italy?

Watch Lidl offer in your area :slight_smile:
http://www.lidl.de/de/powerfix-mini-werkzeug/p186714

The P-38 is my pry bar, and these are what I carry on my keychain.

Yep, at LIDL supermarkets (only limited to certain timed offers tho)

I carried one of those throughout my teenage years and used it constantly. I recently bought a new one and haven’t used it once, other than testing to see if the can-opener part worked (it did).

I would love to have one of these made out of a decent steel. I tried sharpening the blade area and the metal left long, soft smears like a pencil might. I figure the Rockwell hardness is somewhere around five.

I was just looking at ebay and noticed the bidding on a Gerber Shard was about to end at £2 so I bid at £2.21, 5 minutes later I’m waiting for a Gerber Shard to arrive from China. Probable a fake but I’m not that bothered about that at the price.

Are the EDCGear-branded P-38 style can openers from DX/FT any good? The ones from FT are about $1 cheaper than DX...

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010349/1895800-edcgear-stainless-steel-can-opener-peeler-combo

...and why does it have an O-Ring included?

I'm thinking nice stocking-stuffer items for Christmas so $1.25/each for 5+...

Somewhere, I have an authentic military P-38 opener, curious how these options compare.

Some people use an O-ring to keep their P-38 from opening when not in use .

The “peeler” addition looks about right to remove skin when opening a can. O-ring is a good include.

Nice price! That’s less than BG were selling them. I think I might get one and create a cutting notch in the bottle opener bit.

to quote myself from an old Amazon review:

M4 Sebertool isn’t available any longer, unfortunately.
If anyone finds those still for sale I’d buy several to have spares.

This is cheap copy of it: “IDL Tools T10 Multitool”
you can find those from $16 online to twice that at Sears

Looks like cheaply made with hand tools:

— blade sharpened with a flat file on one side only, instead of with a concave grind on both sides
— Philips screwdriver head shaped with a flat file, instead of concave grind (so doesn’t fit into smaller screws)
— blade locking buttons hand-peened leaving rough heads, instead of machine-pressed

It’s ok for a cheap copy.

I’m trying to talk myself out of getting one (not least because here it’s probably illegal to carry without good reason). Banggood have them really cheap (1.17 USD)!

This tiny keychain tool is $4.75 in post #4 and $3.27 is post #135. Now at BG for $2.19:

It takes up less additional keychain space than adding one key, and has 3 sizes slot-head screwdrivers (can be fudged into some Phillips heads). It comes with a surprisingly nice 30 mm carabiner-like catch (not well pictured on BG), but I don’t use that catch on my keychain because I don’t like the extra length. If I ever need the tweezer part, I’ll just take the tool off my chainchain the slow way.

BG also has a better price on this small wrench/metric ruler, $1.70:

I bought extras of the 8-in-1 tool as gifts to friends lacking bottle openers on their chains (i.e., lower bulk pricing). I also included these as part of a larger order all using the coupon “newbg” (one use per account) to drop the price even further. Both these tools use ferritic stainless for those that care.

EDIT (2014/12/30): I’ve found the markings on my small wrench/metric ruler (silver color) to be difficult to see at certain angles of light and to underestimate the length of objects by 1.4%. If you’re looking for an accurate ruler, I’ve found the markings on my Sanrenmu GJ017D (post #188) to be very good.

The wrench/metric ruler got me, I might have bought some other stuff as well. :open_mouth:

Don’t buy one Chloe, they are over-runs from the kitten filleting business.

Don't get one. I purchased a pair through DX about five years ago. I gave one away, threw the second in my gear bag, and have never even used it. Worthless as a knife, the other functions are inconvenient, and the entire thing is hampered by having unprotected knife and saw blade edges.

Thanks guys! :smiley:

Oh-oh. Two new shapely tools at BG.

Ninja 18-in-1 tool. A joke gift? Maybe another to file under “kitten filleting”:

CRKT seat belt cutter tool: