-EDIT- Lots of FURTHER reduced prices on flashlights at Home Depot (Post 22 + 80)

Interesting! Current drops down a bit to around 3.8a after about a minute

I picked up 2 of the $9 650lm 3D at the Dixwell Ave, Hamden store tonight. Thanks for the heads up!!

Considering high performance flashlights are just starting out i can see other companies coming out with them and not catching on as well, another chain can easily source a china manufacturer to make lights, they don’t catch on and get sold at super cheap pricing.
For example Tek4 products at Home depot did very poorly, and were on for super cheap i think it was 3 or 4 years ago, if i had known what an 18650 battery was and that they are commodity items i would have bought IR readers, flashlights, radios and other tools for pennies on the dollar, most of them were well under $25 and for cordless power tools thats amazing. A battery and charger was under $10 but i thought it was a proprietary battery and once it died i would have heavy paperweights.
Same thing at a chain we have in called Canadian tire, items can go on sale for 50-95% off if they get discontinued or you happen to hit the right sale (staying on top of flyer and in store sales). I bought a $25 thermos set for $3 (not boxing day or any holiday sale), or $50 spotlights (halogen/lead acid) a long time ago for $8. Recently they had name brand spotlights for $10-15 which was not a great sale but not a bad one (i have graduated from halogen/lead acid, but they seemed to be selling like hotcakes)

Hey guys the 1000 lumen is dropped to $16.98

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-1000-Lumens-LED-Flashlight-HD13Q432/204312861?quantity=1&str_nbr=4177

Forgive me for my ignorance, never seen a DST around here… which three LED’s does the 1000 lumen edition have? XP-G2’s or XM-L2’s?

Here is a link I found to a review

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/22216

Awesome, thanks for that!

No problem here is one more!

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/22192#node-25678

I am up in the air about it now since both reviews aren’t really praising the light… but for $18 after taxes what do you think

I’d say that the Defiant 650 is a better deal, unless you want the extra couple % increase in visual brightness.

But I guess $18 isn’t too bad; if you don’t like it, you can always return it after giving it a try. :slight_smile:

I am going to just stick with my 650’s and if this happens to drop near $10 then i’ll grab it

The triple XP-G2 1000 lumen goes from $27.00 to $16.98

The 300 lumen twin pack, 4AAA, goes to $9.98

And the big head 51 LED 4AA goes from an already reduced price of $9.00 to $3.98

51 led defiant dropped to $3.98

Oh boy the 4c spotlights are down to 3.98 at my store now too.

And don’t you just fell compelled to participate?

Yep. Looks like they’ll have to pull that box of the shelf. :slight_smile:

Any idea how long these final clearance prices last?

When they’re gone they’re gone.
That’s my prediction.
The problem is though, the remorse I feel when they are gone, compels me to over buy when they are still available.
Last summer I bought 30 of the Mag combos at $12.97

I took the pics above this morning.
I bought 2 –1000 Lumen, now the rest are gone
I bought 5 - 300 Lumen, now the rest are gone
I bought 2 - 51 LED lights, now there are 9

yesterday my local store was showing 17 of the rov camo 2aa light @ 10 dollars, I went and found none - (out), so today I ordered 2 online @ 3.96 dollars each and 5 minutes later my order was canceled - none in inventory

Yeah, those lights were originally $20. A friend in Missouri grabbed 2 for me at $3.98. They went to $3.98 at my store too but I never saw them.

Great you have an extra - I’ll take it off your hands

Wait a minute dch. You taught us that when HD ends a price with .00 that it's a final price. And now we see it isn't!

-Garry

Like a boss!