-EDIT- Lots of FURTHER reduced prices on flashlights at Home Depot (Post 22 + 80)

The triple XP-G2 1000 lumen goes from $27.00 to $16.98

The 300 lumen twin pack, 4AAA, goes to $9.98

And the big head 51 LED 4AA goes from an already reduced price of $9.00 to $3.98

51 led defiant dropped to $3.98

Oh boy the 4c spotlights are down to 3.98 at my store now too.

And don’t you just fell compelled to participate?

Yep. Looks like they’ll have to pull that box of the shelf. :slight_smile:

Any idea how long these final clearance prices last?

When they’re gone they’re gone.
That’s my prediction.
The problem is though, the remorse I feel when they are gone, compels me to over buy when they are still available.
Last summer I bought 30 of the Mag combos at $12.97

I took the pics above this morning.
I bought 2 –1000 Lumen, now the rest are gone
I bought 5 - 300 Lumen, now the rest are gone
I bought 2 - 51 LED lights, now there are 9

yesterday my local store was showing 17 of the rov camo 2aa light @ 10 dollars, I went and found none - (out), so today I ordered 2 online @ 3.96 dollars each and 5 minutes later my order was canceled - none in inventory

Yeah, those lights were originally $20. A friend in Missouri grabbed 2 for me at $3.98. They went to $3.98 at my store too but I never saw them.

Great you have an extra - I’ll take it off your hands

Wait a minute dch. You taught us that when HD ends a price with .00 that it's a final price. And now we see it isn't!

-Garry

Like a boss!

I also noticed that and asked another manager about that. As I posted above I was wondering why the DST that was on clearance at $12.00 had gone UP to $12.06. This manager told me that the .06 meant that it would be at THAT price for 6 weeks. Then if they do not sell they will be reduced further to a price that ends with .03.

Anyway, that’s what HE said. It can be confusing, but when it comes right down to it, the most important thing is to understand the true value of something and act accordingly.

What is assuring with both HD and Lowes is that they have a liberal return policy. So of one makes a mistake, one can always return them. So my policy on these clearance items is strike fast, and figure it out later. :bigsmile:

I restrained myself to 3 of the 4c spotlights. It’s a bit dim, this needs to be fixed. :slight_smile: though at $4 each it was definitely worth it. I may be able to get the remainder for whatever the actual final discount is (if there are further discounts) since they’re still tucked away out of sight.

I am loving the 650 lumens lights. I have already started my tinkering!
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/24408

Thank you for posting this deal!

The spill is less and a bit dim, but the hotspot is brighter (thus better thrower) than C8/xm-l2/u3. This is not evident in indoors. Take (lug) it outside and try it.

Ran into these the other day.

No idea about the Rayovac 2AA.

The headlamps are decent. A Step above old incandescent headlamps I have. Only issue I have with them is after a year or two of heavy use (200ish hours of use each summer-fall) the tilt adjustment is worn down as it’s only plastic on plastic. A small wave while motoring over to the next fishing spot and it’s now pointing at my feet.

Those of you who got the Defiant 4C Spotlight, could you check if the height (length) of the included C battery is the same as the “standard” C battery?

When I tried to use AA Eneloop, found out the Eneloop is longer than the included C battery. Even the “regular” AA battery (which is slightly shorter than the Eneloop) is longer.

49mm, same as the no-name C NiMH from Manafont and Kodak C cells.

Panasonic alkaline: 50mm., Panasonic AA NiMH: 50mm., Duraloop AA: 51mm.

Thanks for the measurements.
The 2mm difference must not have been taken into consideration. Also the thickness of compressed spring was not considered. As it is, you not only do not need AA to C adapter, but even putting in AA Eneloop without the adapter is difficult. Definitely needs 2mm more room.

The springs aren't tapered enough to compress flat, otherwise they would fit.

That completely escaped me. Good observation.