Edit : Not recommended now.. 20% disc Trustfire Flames are good, measured 2266mAh & new batch 2498mAh

It is obvious from the picture they are shorter and not protected. What about the statement they "never met such kind of problem".

Yeah, i also got the same reply. It's ok for me, just present the evidence and what's impt is the bottomline. That's why i advocated earlier to use the Case threaded reply, never the Online Chat (in which you'd probably tear your hair out first). There is always a reason.

While I did not have any joy with Emily as well, and in fact I was so angry at the time, in fact I was totally peeved to be honest, I sent a PM to summer and she has resolved the issue for me to which I am satisfied.

While I must say that the DD people were not that flash at all, I will take my hat off to Summer and thank her for her efforts in sorting this out for me. I just wish that Emily [and whoever else it is behind the CS side of things] took some lessons from Summer in getting issues sorted.

Thank you Summer

I don't have any problems like you. I open a RMA case upload a picture (the DD homepage shows me successfully), where you can see hat there is no protection. I copy a picture of the DD homepage of the protected batteries in the same picture an mark the protection.

A day after Otta tell me to upload a picture. I do it again and 24h later he ask me, if I want a replacement or if a $9 giftcard would be ok.

This happened two times and this is ok for me.

They offered EDC $3, me $7... I would have liked the $9 much better. I wonder why they are so strange in dealing with people who meet on the same forum (BLF)... They have links to this thread, received from many of us. Why dont they just treat everyone equal?

I got $11 for 1 pair initially. Now i got $22 for 3 pairs. Think they standardised already heh.... So seriously, i don't receive no special sweets from DD.

Provide the BLF link, i don't think they have time to read, other than Summer. CS is prob some 18-20 year old part timer/student? Not sure....

So just relax lah....

Received mine today (thanks to italy postal service). Obviously they are unprotected. Now i want a full refund or new batteries if they can assure they are protected.

I'm really surprised for the answer received by EDC...

Now i'll try to contact CS and i'll cross the finger.

Forum would be boring without these things happening.Should contact Summer now since I see no response from CS.

Thanks Oxy Moron!

Lennart

goto a live chat, and tell your problem. if they start to give you a run around mention that theres many people on budget light forum that has encountered the same problem with those batteires

they were pretty quick with a refund after that

+1

I received 2 packs of the Trusfire flames and neither had protection circuits. I received satisfactory compensation from DD.

I decided I would try, what I thought would be, fairly average 18650 batteries for use in an undemanding torch.

I ordered these: http://www.dinodirect.com/ultrafire-18650battery-lithium-protected-2800mah.html

I didn't expect 2800mAh but I thought I might get a realistic 1800mAh. They arrived yesterday. They are protected and have Ultrafire printed on the base of the protection circuit. I noticed they seem to charge quite quickly so I gave them a couple of cycles on a hobby charger and their capacity is about 650mAh.

I suppose if you pay 16340 prices you should expect 16340 performance. Another round of dealing with DD CS.

Got one pair protected ones without hologram sticker and they were in cellophane wrapper. From distance they look similar to ones Vortex mention in the post #181

- Found very little difference in smaller font height where it says "TF 18650".

- The voltages are different, one 3.77V and second 3.82V. The other pair with hologram sticker had just perfectly equal voltage of 3.78.

- PCB on the bottom shines differently than the ones with hologram sticker.

- Cells inside might be different than ones with hologram sticker - on the top there is minor difference in fold thicknes.

So anyone thinks they can be fakes or just another batch?

The offer if up to $10. What a joke. I want a full refund. I won't be buying from DD anymore as it makes me feel like a flashlight whore. I have made 3 purchases from their site and had two bad experiences.

Those cells plus the ones from Sony etc are well known, well tested and well-documented from here and other forums to be lower than usual in capacity, reclaimed cells etc. Check out the rechargeable batteries forum. You will get that even if you buy from Ebay/DX/KD/MF/T-mart etc...

It's either TF Flames, or SF/XTAR/Panny/Sanyo/Redilast/Kallie Customs/AW. Plus some documented ones like MKNE, KD 32600, King Kong.

For those looking to use their giftcard for replacement cells, use this for 20%, until end of Nov 27th i think... I need to use up mine for 3 pairs replacement.

2011BLACK

Which replacement? How do you know the replacements will be good?

I just ordered two more pairs. If I get unprotected cells or fakes, I will settle for nothing more than a full refund. Ya hear that DinoDirect? Just send me what I order, and your bottom line won't get hurt. ;)

why would you want to

Now my question is how long does it take for them to get this mistake corrected? All goes back to what I said about training. It is good though to see Summer here at least trying to fix things and answer questions. That is better than a lot of sellers who sell here I will say that. But if they learn from this and all refunds have been given or gift cards then I guess that does make people feel better knowing they aren't being ripped off.

Now that above was only meant as constructive criticism. Summer said that is a good thing. So don't eat my lunch.

Read above? I already have 1 pair "replacement" en-route to me, should be here tomorrow or latest Monday. I also purchased some Ultrafire 18350 XSL with the new $22 gift card together with the TF Flames 18650....it doesn't have to be 18650s. Those 18350s have been documented by E1320...nearly 2 bucks cheaper here at DD than Manafont/Kaidomain.