Edit : Not recommended now.. 20% disc Trustfire Flames are good, measured 2266mAh & new batch 2498mAh

That certainly was not my goal. My goal was to receive a refund without closing the dispute according to the instructions I received from PayPal:

"We notified DinoDirect.com of your request for a refund. If
DinoDirect.com agrees to this refund, the dispute will be closed once the
refund is processed."
The problem is DD does not want to play by PayPal rules but I do. PayPal has designed these rules to protect the customer.

Maybe Ron Paul can get involved and straighten things out?

LOL, that is pretty funny. But I doubt even he could fix things at this point...Unless...

Help us Obi Ron, you're our only hope.

Lol you guys are funny.

Wow...quite high. Well i sure did not top it off when i posted the discharge results. Looks like even higher than the XTAR 2600s. :p

These are even better than the few TF Flames that i got from DX.

Guys,

(1) I am still waiting for info from the CS if i/we can get the replacement cells. Some said that they are already promised full refunds and will help all identical cases.

(2) Give them a break, it's just Monday over in Hong Kong and they just started work. All these happened over the weekend and we can't expect them to work....in fact i got 3 messages and that's on a Sunday. How many of you guys work on a Sunday? (I do, but i expect to get over 1k per wedding assignment for weekends, and today Monda is a public holiday in SG and i am still shooting...)

(3) Just chill out, if they can do 45 bucks for a V10A (real discount on the street like 30 bucks), I don't think they will mess up all the repu built up all these while for just a few unprotected cells that's probably costed them 30-50 bucks at their end. Not sure, maybe they are getting their boss to approve or something. Just give them some time.

I'm with Ted on this one. If somebody screws up and I have the feeling it's an honest mistake, I say give them the benefit of the doubt and let them try to mend things. It's usually better for both parties to work things out between themselves without getting an outsider involved. If that doesn't work or if they're trying to screw you over, by all means, do whatever you can legally do to get your money back. At that point, I wouldn't be shy about filing a PP dispute either.

Here's an anecdote: I've been ordering from DX for several years now and I used to spend quite a bit of money there. All things considered, most orders were fine but there was the occasional DOA item, RMA issue and on two occasions even missing items. All of those were handled without ever getting Paypal involved, save for one. Maybe I got lucky but with DX and more recently with DD, I got the feeling that they were really trying to make me happy.

You can always go through Paypal if you feel you're not getting anywhere and if you're coming up on the 45 days deadline or think they're giving you the run around, that's probably a good idea anyway.

I have already contacted our product-center, and we are starting to solve the problem, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, if the cells which you received are unprotected, please contact our online CS, and we will change the protected cells for you. We will try our best to give you better product and service,thanks for your supprot.

Well, I received my $5 gift card about two hours ago. I would say that the 2 day (total) wait was reasonable. I used the gift card to partially pay for a SanRenMu/Land 6261, which is tough to find cheaply. The price after the 20% off coupon code was $13.35, which doesn't take the gift card or 50 DinoPoints into consideration. So I am happy with the outcome. I want to wish good luck to everyone else concerning this mix-up.

To all the whiners out there. Can you tell me this is not good customer service? Not even focalprice, kaidomain, dx and even solarforce, manafont could do it right like this. BE REAL !!!

Just take a second and think, I don't think the other guys will send you a second set and let you keep the others. They will make you ship it back at your own expense, even solarforce make 1 guy ship back a bad host recently, why don't any1 whine because of that ?

Please don't think they open their business just to screw you over. Every one make mistakes, i'm sure some of you "flashaholic" didn't even know they were not protected and how do you expected nonflashaholic packers to tell the different? It was clearly a honest mistake. Geez

I have to say, I stated before I was happy I didn't order these batteries.

As I see now, they're willing to make an effort to make things right and they promise to ship out only protected cells from now on, I've ordered 2 packs protected flames from DD myself.

Just to make sure, I made a note in paypal to only ship protected and not unprotected as some members on BLF received.

Ordered a silver WF504B XM-L T also at bargain price, but that's another thread :)

YOu make a good point but there's no need to call out people like that.

But i don't think it was fair for DD or summer when people just jump on them like that. Like 2100 said it's the weekend now, just give them a little time and they will make it right :)

They are quite slow when it comes to customer service. I had to cancel to orders and they gave me gift cards that do not work have been going back and forth with it's been 2 weeks since this has happened.

No luck so far. So be ready to hit the paypal button.

I received a pair of unprotected Trustfire flames this morning but when I try to open an RMA request all I get is:

This page is unavailable.

And the option of returning to the home page.

Is it just me or are others having problems?

First, I didn´t believe you because I did not remeber what result I got from Xtars.

Tested one now and it gave me some LOL´s and 2377mAh :bigsmile:

Ending voltage was higher, at 3,57V or something like that on Xtar.

As far as $/mAh this must be close to the top combined to rather good reputation.

If they just were protected, whee!

Well, got other problems too.

Now I´m not sure should I order anything more from DD before they clear things up.

I have some orders coming, STL-V2 for example with that -20% thanksgiving BUT I´m not sure if I dare... Christmas rush is getting close so it´s about the last times to order if desired to get it before end of the year...

BTW, the price jumped up. But wait for Xmas sale which will begin on Nov 9 (top portion of the website). Just to pre-empt you guys, lest someone complains about this sudden jump again. :)

What jumped up? I still see the same price.

^^ I suppose this is the one 2100 is perhaps referring to SKU:A06730000K “TrustFire 18650 2400mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Protected Li-ion Battery 2Pcs”

Anyway there’s also another - SKU:A09580000C - with a quite similar description “2 Pcs TrustFire Protected 18650 2400mAh 3.7V Lithium Battery”.

Sorry, my mistake...i switched to SGD currency. LOL!