(Email is coming with tracking )Discussion Thread.-- 1st BLF Titanium flashlight with tritium.

It might look neat to have a trit glued into one of the grip slots behind that cut out. I agree the pattern is a bit off, maybe just a circle of drill hits would pick up the trit pattern but it’s Rey’s light to design.

As for the lens opening being a hair too wide, what about a thin UC lens in front of the TIR optic? It would also help with protecti the polycarbonate optic from scratches.

+1, +1, and +1 :)

I plan on using a glass lens in front of the optic.

I know. I just prefer fewer sections than 6.

Looking like this might really happen! Probably a little bit too early to get those soldering irons warmed up. (But a person might order a few parts.)

There should be a lip that retains the optic and o-ring so you shouldn’t need a lens unless you use a reflector.

Well, the lip would retain either the 20mm lens (or window) or the 20mm Optic. Some people prefer the glass on top of the plastic optic to protect it. Also prevents trits in the posts from falling out. Many triples (Mac’s, TnC etc come with glass from the factory. Sinner leaves the glass out.) Oh no, now Raccoon City is going to post a picture of lips, no doubt!

Posting a silly photo for no good of a reason?

I would never ever ever do that!

I mean, it's just a waste of bandwidth, right?

On another note, here's a nice picture of Milla Jovovich:

what exactly is the retaining lip?

Uh oh! The reflector/lens opening needs to be smaller than the bored diameter or the optic or lens will just fall out. This is the lip I’m referring too. A screw on bezel normally does this but without such a bezel the opening needs a lip.

I see. I call it "edge of the window".

19th-May

Copper is softer than brass. When we drilled 2 semi-holes on the retainer,(use tweezers to thread it into pill)

some of them expanded,and did not fit the pill thread anymore.

I'm thinking to change the retainer to brass. or press fit and soldering?

I use press fit and solder. I’d Be okay changing to brass too.

Eithers ok with me, but a few options have come to mind, my favourite one being number 1

1. A copper pill with standard brass retaining ring? (Might also be cheaper to use ready made ones we can get ourselves ($0.80 on FT) rather than making them?
  2. Copper pill and Copper retaining ring without semi drilled holes (use something like silicone mat to twist it rather than tweezers)?
  3. Copper pill and copper Outside retaining ring like the old style convoy C8’s?

All these are obviously if you don’t go with the press fit

How about machining grooves across the top of the retainer ring, instead of drilling holes? Like this:

Retainer is on the driver side correct? No problem with brass there.

Yes retainer is the ring that screws in and holds the driver in place, brass should work fine

Brass is the way to go for the driver retainer ring. Copper is too soft, threads in copper are easily damaged and the 2 holes for grip will rip and tear out. Not so much in the first assembly, but the more times the light is changed/rebuilt the worse it will get.

Brass works, probably the best alternative as it can still be soldered.