Emisar 21700!!!

Kinda like the Niwalker MM18?

I hope not. I don’t want to end up like Steve Jobs.

Anyway, I don’t know how many types of K9.3 there will be, but it sounds like each one will basically be a custom build. No idea how Hank is going to manage that, but it sounds like an awful lot of work.

Just imagining out loud here… 3 throwers in center surrounded by 9 flooders.

I’m excited to see the new beauty no matter what it is.

Ooops…I was only referring to his great way to come up with another big surprise at the end of a keynote. I wish he was still with us. Tim Cook surely does his job well but he will never be a mastermind like Steve Jobs. Anyway, we’re gettin’ off-topic now.

…which could eventually mean K9.3 may become rather pricy. I still hope for a price lower than $ 120.00 but 9+3 emitters with a sophisticated high efficiency driver could make our wallets cry all over again. :money_mouth_face:

But still no information regarding release date, any more details…
Maybe we will se this FL in H2/2021. :wink:

i actually hope it gets released later, like end of 2021, i already spent way too much on flashlights recently. hank, have mercy on my wallet

Hello guys, huge fan of Hank’s lights and I can’t hold off any longer. Looking for some a advice…

I have the D4SV2 in 6500K and the KR4 in 2000k (man do I love this one).the 2000K is my only non-6500 light and I’m pretty much done with 6500s
I’m thinking about the D18. How crazy would it be to get the SST-20 deep red emitters. I don’t have a red flashlight and it’s hard to even visualize what this much red power would be like
Otherwise it’s either the 2700 or 4000K for me. Any thoughts?

I have a red D4SV2 and its OK but not amazing due to the red being inherently weaker than white or green. I really need to use it without any competing light sources to get the full effect. Even if there is a weak street or house light nearby its hard to compete. I’m sure the D18 would be stronger due to the sheer increase in lumens, but it seems more of a novelty to me… I guess I wouldn’t invest too much in deep red until you try it in a cheaper/smaller light.

Thanks bud I think I’ll skip the Red then. Tempted to try out the 2700 but that might be too similar to the 2000. I have a Nichia 219 Roxyvon but it’s a little too cold/white for my current tastes

What red led does it have? Osram?

I have a D4SV2 with SST-20 Deep Red and mine is VERY bright. More than 1000 lumens for sure.

It would be very powerful. I love my red flashlights with SST-20 Deep Red emitters, but you probably do not need that much red. Deep red D4V2, D4SV2, or KR4 is powerful enough.

Did you consider a tint mix? You could get a D18 with an even mix of SST-20 2700K and SST-20 4000K if you email Hank and ask. It would be around 3100K-3300K and below BBL.

Original Post, please?

It’s pretty amazing. I got the floody optics this time though, and I’d recommend you stay with the default optics instead unless you’re OK with a less controllable more diffuse floodbath.

SST-20… I can tell it’s putting out a lot of lumens, but my eyes seem to be distracted by any competing ‘normal’ light sources. If it’s pitch black I can appreciate it a bit more. Also doesn’t help that my idea of bright is spoiled by a ready selection of 2000,3000,4000,+ lumen rockets.

Same.

Pitch black, the red SSTs are in their element. Any other light source is like a toxic green intruder, even E21a 2000k looks harsh by comparison, when you leave a dedicated red room.

The SST-20 red is quite bright, but as mentioned, it must be used exclusively for maximum effect.

Like all the cool thoughts, but have to go the other way.

I’d love a reflector / single emitter, 14500 powered, EDC light; using Andúril.

Just my ¢2.

Yeah something like sbt90.2 with TIR optic for throw would be
great in the middle and flooders led on the side .well lets wait and see Hanks creation.its worth while

I’m guessing it’s going to to be a superior version of the marauder 2!

And if release 2 versions
1st version with only 1 21700
2nd version with 3 21700
Soo everyone can choose pick.that would be the best ever.i will grab both lol

Reading about this new light, looks like definitely not sbt90 light, Hanks said so. I’m fine with that. I can’t imagine what it will look like though, 3 emitters on outside ring with 9 in the middle? Hanks quote there. Very curious but I don’t know about interested. Sounds like something outside of my needs. But still will be cool to see. Then again 6 months ago I never thought I’d want a k1, and that has completely changed, so…