Emisar 21700!!!

On A separate note , not that anybody asked…

But what I’d like to see from Hank for a new light-

Single emitter with smaller reflector, edc sized 21700 with pocket clip (basically kr1 sized)

Constant current driver, 6-8a max.

Emitters - xhp50 , xhp35.2, xpl hi, sst20/40 possibly some or all, maybe even osram pm1’s

Tail switch if possible, or lighted side switch like the special d4v2’s….

Anyone in? Or some,thing different? Like I said, he already has so much on his plate, just thinking out loud

I have my own guess. It will be a flashlight on one 21700 battery. 9 emitters of the main group of floodier beam and 3 emitters of the group of throw beam. The emitters will be focused with small TIR lenses/optics, like in the EMISAR D18. The difficulty is that TIR lenses are different for groups of emitters.

Yeah something Noctigon Micro.
That would be a sight

Any updates on the upcoming Noctigon K9.3?

Honestly I’m going to order hank’s new light immediately no matter what it is. My custom D18 is on the way! ( thanks Lightdecay)

Custom D18 from where?

Here you go : https://intl-outdoor.com/led-flashlights/emisar-d18-150.html

Getting an even mix of 2700 and 4000’s. Hank charges $15 to do the custom. Dude must sit by his computer because he replied immediately to my emails. Like if the exact opposite of cough Neals*ad*ets :frowning:

No word from Hank, silence.
Maybe we will see this flashlight end of next year. :wink:

Hey, did you get the mix with ssts or xpls?

Thank you Photon

Lightdecay suggested it when I couldn’t decide between 2700 and 4000… for instance, I love my 2000K KR4 for indoor use (especially at night) but it’s too warm for my taste for a walk outside.

“ Did you consider a tint mix? You could get a D18 with an even mix of SST-20 2700K and SST-20 4000K if you email Hank and ask. It would be around 3100K-3300K and below BBL.
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/57210/1899”

I have D4s and think it would be nice if emisar offer 26800 tube too. Even K1 would be better with 26800 too.

What is a good spec for a 26800 battery? I’m sure mah is nice but what about continuous amp capabilities (CDR)? Seems like a niche battery size? I don’t know anything about them except select offerings from lights I’ve seen on neals gadgets, etc…

It’s still not common but there’s a chinese brand “Queen battery” testing in internet. The result is great, it obviously has a lot of improvement from 26650 especially higher drain ability.
It’s too big for weapon mounting light but for a single cell thrower with big head light, I think this is one of a good choice.

Hey I bought three 26800’s for my Nightwatch NSX4 and they say they hold 6800 mAh. I usually use 21700’s with the tube because they are supposedly more powerful but the 26800 is good for longer run time. Only problem is I have to use a different charger because they’re too long to fit in my 8 bay Gyrfalcon

Those batts are pretty expensive and also not in stock much. They also should be close to the power of a GOLISI, maybe better.

Here, great price in US but shipping is ridiculous and no stock: https://alofthobbies.com/qb-26800-6800mah-37v.html

Here on Ali for $16 each, 2 for $28.

I bought these exact batteries for my NSX4 from the same place but oddly enough mine are a goldish yellow color. Work great

Might be your monitor because the pics from both those links look very “goldish yellow” to me :smiley:

Ha I had screen invert on my phone turned on last night smack head. Any who… the batteries seem to work great. I’d been using 21700s but the slight increase in weight to use the 26800 seems like a great trade off and I can’t see a significant drop in brightness

Any update on the K9.3 or when it might be available?