Emisar D18 introduction

I don’t get it, what’s the advantage of having multiple colors?

Tint mixing

To clarify, when you mix emitters of multiple color temperatures, the result is not only a color temperature in between that of the different emitters, but also a tendency to be less green-tinted / more rosy tinted.

It’s not a priority for everyone, but a useful technique for those who put a high value on pleasant tint.

This is not the same as tint-ramping, such as the upcoming BLF LT1 lantern will utilize, but requires different hardware.

Would it be possible to get the Emisar D18 without any leds? I want to swap some Luxeon V2s (4000K) inside as I like the high output of the 5000K SST20 but 4000K is the better tint for me and the 4000K SST20 have too low output.

Will we also be able to request special order of the customized D18 with 4 mixed tints like the one ToyKeeper has? That is: 3x 3000K, 6x 4000K, 6x5000K, 3x6500K
emitters?

The initial expectation was no, but somebody asked anyways, and Hank said yes. See here:

Just placed my order and PM’d Hank. I have no button top. Will these work? https://www.rtdvapor.com/lg-18650-hg2-3000mah-20a-button-top/

What is the most efficient?

V2 is the most efficient for XP-L HI 4000k 5D. V3 exist for 5000k 3A but is extremely hard to source. Fireflies sold the 5000k V3 version initially but ran out of it and was only able to source the 5000k V2 subsequently. Not sure if the ones they are selling now is V2 or V3. Think I heard something about them finding another batch of 5000k V3.

Did I just kill Hank’s website with my order? I can’t get his site on my computer or phone.

Thanks! I asked him for the same XP-L 4000k V2 5D setup

Should be fine.

Someone mentioned you could order one for $10 less.

That should have been me. :wink: I recently PMed Hank and he told me that you can get the D18 without leds for 10$ less. Not sure if that represents the actual cost of the leds, though. :neutral_face:

Thanks!

I just received my emisar d18 sst20 6500k today. Shipping to USA only takes 14 days… this light is awesome. Threads are well greased. I measured 14000 lumen @ turn on, using Sony vtc5a. The device I use to measure is from Texas ace and maukka calibrated light…

Another fine light from the emisar. Thanks Hank!

mybpstation station finder

Newlumen, so was it at 12960 lumen at 30sec?

Nice Newlumen, the hotspot with those SST-20 leds must be pretty defined and throwy too!

Real nice light! I managed not to buy any since 11/11 last year… and now that! :person_facepalming:

Could someone post a picture of a D18 beside a MF01?

I haven’t measured @ 30 seconds… the number will be definitely lower @ 30 seconds…

Around 13000 lumen @ 5 seconds