Emisar D18 introduction

Himalayan salt lamp.

This makes no sense. There is no noteworthy difference between an incandescent and a 95CRI 2700K LED light of the same brightness. Such warm-white LEDs don’t emit additional blue light like high-CCT LEDs do. There’s is also no UV.

Also, humans are not adapted to incandescent lighting for “1000s of years”. Light bulbs have only seen around for maybe 130 years.

Humans are used to the sun (full spectrum light with variable CCT and brightness changing with the time of day) and maybe a fire in a cave in the evening. Nothing else.

Well, you know, the OTHER humans… maybe the one’s that built the pyramids or the ones from Atlantis… :wink:

You know that caricaturing and over exaggerating something are sometimes used purposefully to make a joke. :wink:

There’s been recent research observing how the body responds differently to blue light than longer wavelengths, and potential negative effects of prolonged and/or nighttime exposure to elevated intensities of blue light. It is often misunderstood and in some cases misleadingly exaggerated, but does not point to concerns unique to LED’s.

Of course, but I didn’t get that impression here. :slight_smile:

I found this on Reddit:

The D18 is noticeably smaller!
Now i understand TK’s review thread title mentioning a grenade. :smiley:

I also found this video:

The sun is incandescent and has been around for thousands of years. :smiley:

So have wood fires.

Candles, oil lamps, natural gas lamps, incandescent electric lightbulbs, etc. are more ‘recent’ inventions. :partying_face:

Incandescent light bulbs have a much shorter blue spectrum than sunlight

I’m thinking an E21A 2000k probably emits less blue wavelength than incandescent light bulb

As They Might Be Giants said… the sun is a mass of incandescent gas. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, for most of the population the sleep thing is less about what generated the light and more about how much blue is emitted.

Well, it’s a miasma of incandescent plasma. :smiling_imp:

Then an LED is also, by definition of the word, incandescent. My son has a lot of gas, if I lit a lighter behind him when he was “emitting” would he then become incandescent as well? Just a before coffee in the morning random thought… I’m bad, I know….

Indeed it is. But it’s harder to rhyme with plasma. :stuck_out_tongue:

Being as how the Sun is considered a Star I’m pretty sure it’s beyond the incandescent theory. (An object that emits light when heated, since the sun isn’t “heated” and can’t be turned off, Star it is) Just trying to keep within the definition of the word…

It is heated internally, and the key point about incandescence is it is light emission due to heat, so the sun is incandescent, and it’s spectra approximates a black body, modified by both absorption and emissions lines of specific elements present in the sun, then further modified by absorption of earth’s atmosphere.

The normal definition of the word refers to incandescence of the visible portion of the electromagnetic radiation due to heat. The sun also has plenty of UV and infrared.

All at far higher intensities that normally experienced from LED sources - Emisar D1 and similar or more powerful throwers being exceptions at close range.

This falls under the old adage, “if you get a chance to use the word ‘miasma,’ you must find a way to fit it in your stanza.”

So the sun is heated huh, and here I have been reading all this about plasma…

For those who were interested, Hank has offered a MCPCB for $15

Plasma is a super heated gas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma\_(physics)

Salt lamps help cats grow.

Look at mine!

!