Emisar D18 introduction

True fact

So I am going to guess that the optics are still secure without their bra? I am laughing since I saw the meme 5 minutes ago. Nice one.

They may jiggle a little but it’s ok, we can get jiggy wid it…. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your best line yet!
:smiley:

Yes, I find this thread quite amusing. I want a topless something, not sure what or which model. D4, D18 or something else… :smiley:

Skylumen tear down the d18… he talks so much good thing about this light… anodizing, O rings, details, engineering, thermal paste, quality, many more good stuff.

Good Job Hank and team members ! Cant wait for the next high power emisar light…

Take a shot everytime he says the word “allright”

RIP lol…

Does Skylumen post here?

No… he post a video on the YouTube… d18 tear down

It is nice to see a video of d18 tear down… it’s give customer more confidence and what they are getting…

By the way, I have no lights modding skill.

I picked up my sand D18 SST20 4000k in the mail box as i was leaving for the weekend… so i’ve no batteries to fire it up until monday. :person_facepalming:

It’s a really nice and cute light indeed. It’s compact size makes it very appealing to me. Thinking that it puts out twice as much as a Q8 is almost scary. High CRI on top!

However one thing that kind of bothers me is unexpectedly the head/body misalignment. It’s almost the first thing that caught my eye… and now i see it on every pictures! I didn’t notice it until now. I know that it’s almost impossible to get it right and in most lights it comes as it comes, but for some reason it is very noticeably ugly here. I wish the lanyard hole would be out of the picture - on the other side at least.

I’ll try to add a copper wire ring between the tube and the head and see how it works…

It appears to me that the misalignment is so that the lanyard is positioned nicely if you are using it with your right hand.

Can anyone confirm exactly which Lisa model of optic is used? I’m considering putting 18x 219b in one. Better still if someone could test fit one

I guess first prototypes of D18 Aux board with flippüed LEDs will be ordered this week from China PCB fab
as usual then hand assembled

Aux leds are something i’m definitely missing on the D18 - especially after having discovered the concept on the D4S…

However, i’m curious to know how it will work. Will the aux led PCB replace the actual gray thing that comes on top of the optics? How will the leds shine? - toward the inside or the outside? On the D4S the aux leds illuminate the optics and create some sort of glow across them. What will it look like on the D18? Any pictures?

Looks they soldered upside down shining through holes. Or soldered upside up illuminating the optics and the holes just letting some side light through.

I think it’s the former. I don’t believe the optic housings allow any light through and are just black.

Pretty cool mod. I’d be in for one!

Probably a dumb question, but… Why does this light require button tops? I’ve been into high quality flashlights for about 2 years now, and this is the first one I’ve bought that requires button tops, so I had to buy extra batteries due to this. Wouldn’t the button, in certain scenarios, be a current bottleneck? Just curious. Held off on this light, but gave in finally, since I LOVE my other Emisars. And, this one seems to hit a sweet spot, plus has some awesome Aduril additions like candle and lightning modes. My black SST-20 4000K arrives next week! Stoked. :slight_smile:

Yes.

Does require button tops.
It’s a very small bottleneck, but negligible in most cases.

They are needed because this light does not use a battery carrier. Just like the Q8, the top of the batteries have to stick up to make contact with the positive battery ring.

Most folks just add solder blobs to the batteries instead of buying new cells. If you don’t solder, though, you have to buy the button tops.