Emisar D3AA is available now

nice! Thanks for the info on the clip from the m2r pro. I'll try that!

The clip will require some grinding. Notice the clip on the left how it is now thinner than the clip on the right. I have ground it down carefully with a flat file. I went until it was the exact measurement of the groove in the D4S….in preparation for the D4SV2!

btw, regarding clips, my old Emisar D4 clip broke out of the blue without any pressure!
The light was sitting on the table and I heard a pin falling like- sound, and when I looked I noticed the clip cracked
Very weird stuff

Don’t contact Hank about it. You need Ghostbusters

Anyone buy the DT8? I am not feeling it with this one.

Ordered my third DT8 this week. Very impressive all around!

Wow, nice.

I think you were replying to me but I pulled it to repost properly.

This was directed at you-

I have 3 of them. I love each one.

The beam is a great mixture of flood and throw. If you ever wanted to see just how much light you can pull out of a single 18650, this is the way.

With E21a it’s great because you have twice the output of a non-mule D4V2, making it a lot more useable outside. It’s still small and pocketable.

It’s a neat light for sure.

I like the DT8, but really do not like the new Aduril 2 UI. The ramp rate is way too fast and every option takes a rediculous number of clicks. Not buying any more lights with this UI.

Not to mention all those extra clicks you have to make will undoubtedly wear the button out prematurely .

ordered 2 m2r pro clips Last night, thanks! I'll hit them with the file too. Make sure they fit right, ordering a d4sv2 since I sold all of mine because I couldn't find a clip to carry them. Thanks!

Really torn whether to order dt8 (I was NOT expecting to want to order thIs) or the blasted Ti d4..

both (can be) $80..

I have (3) d4v2 now, (1) Ti already but not blasted.. damn decisions..

also torn if I do order dt8, do I go sst20 or xpl-hi. Price isn't the concern so much as xpl-hi 5D is my favorite cct emitter, but I also really like throwy edc's and it seems the sst20 does that better in dt8..

Any opinions would be appreciated.. thanks!

Think Hank responded already to this. If you see his lineup, if it's an EDC light it's made as small as possible. For modding, many of Hank's lights are a pain because of the lack of space. He's cramming as many lumens in as small package as possible, whether the lumens are in CW or WW. 21700's don't fit the bill for size and weight, so I'm pretty sure this is the main reason. He may come around eventually - dunno when, but will probably release a new 21700 design in a small batch and see how it sells.

I have XP-L Hi 4000k in one of my DT8s and it throws very well. I think you’ll be impressed.

Hey Artie, I ordered mine from here https://jlhawaii808.com/
Hank doesn’t offer the DT8 with W2’s, from his menu, which is what I got from JL. Pretty sure it out throws the SST20’s.
I also have a XPL-Hi 5D coming from Hank. Hope it’s from the rosy tint batch. Been reading that the ones being sold later have a more yellow tint.
A brief opinion about the light, it’s surprisingly small, very very easy to pocket/carry.
You probably could carry it around in a top shirt pocket if you need to. Just watch yourself if you bend over.
As expected because of it’s size, it does get hot on Turbo. On high, it kinda takes a little while for the temp to get uncomfortable.
The factory step down settings does the job for me, I haven’t made any adjustments.
I wanted this light to be offered with a 21700 battery size like many other member’s.
But after I got it I can see why Hank went with a 18650. It’s just so easy to carry around a light with that much punch.
Perhaps in the future we’ll see a 21700 version with 12 emitters. LOL

thank you for this info. I think I'll be going with that. I've ordered 2 kr4 and 2 d4 from Hank in last couple months with xpl-hi 4K and I think all of those throw just as well as my Sst20 5000k, at least by eye there isn't much of a difference, and I greatly prefer the tint (even if it's more yellow than it was 3 months ago) of the 5D 4000k.

the brightness of those emitters is awesome too.

thanks! I just ordered a d4s with cslpm1 from Hank, sold one a while back and realized it's really worth having for the price. Will probably go with the xplhi when I do order the dt8

He Artie, having bought a xpl-hi 5D and a sst-20 2700k and a mix sst-20 2700-4000k lately, i wonder do you base your love on an older 5D who was rosier ? Mine is yellow . Being afraid of the green sst-4000k i only used it in a mix with 2700k and it’s rosy .

Hhmm, the 5D XPL-HI has been my classic favorite - wonder if it changed or it's just the optics.

If i were you i would cherish your classics .