Emisar D3AA is available now

I just want a 519a thrower :nerd_face:

Bigger die and bigger dome than 219B, throw is going to be weaker.

DM1.12 26800 tube & magnet tailcap version.

It looks very good, will it also fit the DM11?

Supposedly very easy to de-dome though. It might work well in a KR1 with a 5A driver after a de-dome.

Yes, since they the same DM series.

Yeah, but it’s DIY work and also based on a early circulating positive Duv 519A.
If the next circulating bin is lower Duv, the dedome might just be wasting some of the qualities of such LED which make it nice in the first place.

Hank, so happy to hear about the boost driver for KR4/1 series! Will this mean xhp35 HI available in kr1 also?

excited to get a xpl-hi in series kr4!

I assume the Z-Height of the boost driver is too tall to fit into the shorter D4v2, which is why it is not an option? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's usually a tall/ large inductor that makes the driver height larger.

it does. I have it. It's fantastic, and better than the xpl-hi KR1 IMO (throw, output, color).

You read my mind :smiley:

I already have one Noctigon K9.3 with E21 2000K and SST-20 Deep Red : it’s great flashlight.

I would also like a tint ramping flashlight with E17A R9050 1850K and 219BT-V1 R8080 3500K.
Middle ramp around 2700 K with great tint.

Hank if you read my post …

Sometimes quality matters.
300 lumens is enough for indoor lighting.
Combining a warm emitter and an extra touch of red relaxes the eyesight well in the evening.
It’s a niche market but this type of combination is what makes Hank’s flashlights unique.

There is no shortage of powerful led or large flashlights on the market.

In addition, if necessary, just take a DT8 to double the figure while remaining compact.

Thanks for sharing these nice efficiency numbers! Can we expect 95%+ efficiency at even lower currents?

And I was wondering, what LED were you using in this test? I thought that Vout is maybe too high for a 4S board with low Vf, unless there are further mcpcb losses?

Below 1.5 A, the efficiency is around 95%.
The testing is for the single XHP35 LED, not a 4S board.

Is it possible to order DM1.12 with only 26800 tube?

Yes, but it won’t be much cheaper, please send email to contact@intl-outdoor.com

Hank, will the new kr4 and Kr1 boost driver be able to do proper moonlight levels without visible flicker?

What is the technical reason the boost driver won’t work with E21A?

The reason most likely is not of technical nature. The current range of this boost driver is compatible with E21A in 4S (normal) and 4S4P (maybe future mule). I can imagine that they have simply not manufactured 4S Boards with E21A footprints yet. Maybe e21a is obsolete with the arrival of 519A (except for those ultra low color temperatures)…

Hello Hank, thanks for the efficiency answer.

You mentioned possible new colours for the existing models before. Do you have any news regarding upcoming colour availability for the KR4? Or other models? Only black and dark gray are listed for the KR4 at the moment. How nice would a sand KR4 be?

Has anyone found a clip that works with the DM1* tube style yet? Hank, is there a clip in the works? Ideally this would be a captive clip and I’d personally prefer head-down carry…