Emisar D3AA is available now

I wish I could also communciate with the customers on Reddit, but I’m not able to view Reddit by most of the time due to it’s blocked in China.

You can use a VPN like SurfShark that is very inexpensive if you sign up for 1 year + .

Otherwise you have many big fans that relay the information from this forum onto Reddit.

Most often r/hanklights can read all info from you within five minutes of you posting it here. :smiley:

Sometimes it is better NOT to go to reddit :smiley:

Hank, will they be L5 or L6?

Most commercial VPNs do not work at all in China. At best, they work infrequently. You need to use a Shadowsocks or V2Ray protocol.

Internet problems used to be my biggest gripe in China but I have it completely solved for years now. Using Virtual Private Server (not VPN) with the V2Ray protocol. I even have several miners on VPS and they have been running for almost a month straight with no interruptions.

Simon has a working reddit account, maybe we can ask him what he is using :smiley:

Is there any way to be notified when/if the (regular) D4 will be available with the new boost driver + 4 LEDs in series? This sounds like the dream light to me.

https://andurilify.com/hank-alert
Dont tell me you dont have hank alerts? :wink:
Its great!

Excuse me what. Is this real??

How have I never heard of this?

The best there is since sliced bre, err, the d4sv2?

TorGuard works for me 2 years ago. I believe you have to install the apps and setup before you get into China or visit an international hotel for Wifi.

Is there going to be a white D4V2 or D4SV2? That white T4 from Simon is doable.

Anyhwo… i saw there was mcpcbs and optics for three leds on intl- outdoor.com.

@Hank, is it possible to order a tri led d4v2? Would it still be compatible with aux leds?

Greetings Hank,

Would it be possible to have 12x 519 and an SBT90 in your DM1.12 in a couple of weeks.

He has said previously that 519A does not fit in the optics used on DM1.12 unfortunately

If you do your research, you can find VPNs that work completely in China.

I have read reviews of VPNs where they mention if they work in China or not.

I wonder if they would fit dedomed, they are supposed to be the same size as a 219a, no?

219BT-V1 is 2mm tall with the dome

519A is 2.35mm tall with the dome

they are both 0.4mm tall without the dome, that should leave more than enough room (if somebody really really wanted to get 519A’s on the DM1.12)

maybe Hank is already working on getting new optics!

No commercial VPN works completely in China. There are often outages especially around politically sensitive times like June 4 or National Day (October 1). The great firewall of China uses machine learning and deep packet sniffing to find banned traffic and they can turn up and down the severity. Commercial VPN are also vulnerable since their IPs are usually quite obvious.

The most expensive VPN, ExpressVPN, tends to work the best in China. That is what I was using the first 2 years but there were still frequent outages. Also even if a website or VPN is not completely blocked, it can be very slow due to the fact that China is almost on an internet island. A lot of servers take very inefficient hops to route traffic into and out of China.

In contrast, my VPS can do close to gigabit speeds with no issues because of efficient routing on the China Telecom CN2 backbone.

Hey fog…next time your internet goes out, could you hit the pavement and sleuth out who the manufacturer is of those lovely Queen Battery 26800 cells? And if the green/blue ones are actually the same cells? You’re our best hope! :slight_smile:

Correllux…aloft has the golden QB in-stock…