Emisar D3AA is available now

@fogofwar:

This article strongly disagrees with your experience:

https://www.travelchinacheaper.com/vpns-still-work-china

I ordered four more within about two minutes after getting home from work this evening. :slight_smile:

That article would seem to strongly AGREE with what fog was writing…??? I think if China wanted to they could just shut down and wall off everything they didn’t want…not all that unlike what Russia is currently doing and has been building out for years.

I’m not sure what you mean that this article disagrees with my experience. This guy subscribes to multiple costly VPNs so that he can connect most of the time.

These are direct quotes from your article.

“I’ll start by saying this: as of April 2022, it is still possible to connect to a VPN in China. It’s been difficult to connect at times but yes, it is possible.”

“And don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t work after 2-3 changes. During the worst times, it often takes me 10-15 changes before I’m able to get it where my VPNs work in China.”

“Be Patient; Even if You Connect, It’s Going to be Slow”

“Remember…this is China! Be patient. If past experience tells us anything, it’s that this too shall pass (even if it takes a week or two).”

“While China’s increased censorship will impact how all VPNs work in China, only the best are able to make adjustments and evade the block.”

My standard is that I have unblocked internet that can stream 4K, 60FPS videos on Youtube which have no disruptions for weeks or months at a time. This is something I have achieved which commercial VPNs struggle with. Also, only the VPNs that actively updates their systems can evade China’s firewall and these VPNs tend to be expensive.

My internet never goes out :smiley: . I might poke around on Taobao and ask some sellers when I’m looking for my next light. I don’t have too much personal interest in 26800s though. After I found the high discharge 1.5 USD Lishen LR2170LA 21700, I haven’t bought anything else.

Did you actually read the article, Correllux?

"I’ll start by saying this: as of April 2022, it is still possible to connect to a VPN in China. It’s been difficult to connect at times but yes, it is possible."

That means that some VPNs work completely in China, which fogofwar denies.

@fogofwar:

You don't need to change VPN services if you have the right one and you don't have to subscribe to more than one of them, but you do need to change VPN servers and protocols.

I guess you and I have very different definitions of “completely.” But yes, out of the dozens (probably hundreds) of commercial VPNs in the world, a handful work in China with spotty service.

As for me, I don’t want to wait a week to use Google/Youtube or share photos with my family on Dropbox. Therefore, I researched and found something better several years ago.

Exactly!

I never claimed anything differently.

Are you keeping it secret ?

He might be talking about Mullvad or ProtonVPN.

Anyway, I think this conversation has been derailed enough.

Hank, have you looked into the XHP XX.3 series of LEDs and the new 2022 XM-L2?

That would be awesome if you could find anything out and help solve the mystery. They’re really nice cells, chunky as they are! Even if the manufacturer can’t be discovered, it would be great to know if all three available versions are the same cell or not (at this point it would seem like this is so, but we don’t have tests or any confirmation).

Gave me a laft, remember this is a hank thread .

lmao, good one.

Yes, I did read the article, which is why I posted the comment I did.

You might be missing something important…whether they “work” or not, they disappear frequently and can be gone for long periods of time. It’s a moving target. I don’t know about you but most people today have a hard time conducting and/or enjoying their lives today if they aren’t able to connect to the internet for more than a day or two…when you’re talking a week or two weeks…well, I’m just glad we live where we don’t have to deal with that (as a form of oppression/concealment). I’ll bet the ratio of people in China who can set up a network vs. the people in the US who can do so is probably a pretty wide spread. lol.

Blue Sword is right, though. And we should all be glad that Simon and Hank and the other companies are able to consistently keep in touch with us however they need to go about it! But all of them have alluded to difficulties pretty consistently…food for thought.

Yep, let’s go back on topic. In any case, if Hank, Simon, or any other Chinese manufacturer wants help to get past China’s firewall, they are free to send me a PM.

I highly doubt the green cells are the same as QB. Had a supplier who tested a small batch and it didn’t measure up. Unsure if/how aloft does QC on their shipment but I ordered from aloft since they’ve been steadily selling these for a while.

What is the best led to pair with W1? I’m looking for order a throw/flood combo now that I finally have 26800 batteries on the way.

Which led on channel 1? 2?

KR4 / D4S V2 boost driver (single channel) option is now available.
The boost driver upgrade is available for the quad version of XP-L HI, SST-20, Osram W1/W2, Nichia 219B R9080 versions, each LED receives 2A current. The driver is not compatible with Nichia E21A, Nichia E17A, and mule versions of the flashlight. Please be noted that the boost driver version does not mean higher output than the regular version, it is a more efficient driver(90-95%).

:partying_face: :person_with_crown: :heart_eyes:

Thanks Hank!
How about the lh351d?