Emisar D3AA is available now

@mobiuscorpus, at 3.6A 6V, it should be enough, although I personally consider the NCR18650GA a 2C(7A) cell rather than a 3C cell for cycle life reasons.

So yeah, it should be fine, although if you want less total runtime and longer regulated runtime, something like a Samsung 30Q/Molicell P28A should be right up your alley :slight_smile:

If you donā€™t use turbo much, then the NCR18650GA will be just fine :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know if itā€™s the same driver, but I just emailed Hank and he said that yes, you can special request the backlit button on the D4Sv2 with the new boost driver. So I did. Also, I donā€™t know if this is common knowledge, but you can also special order the backlit button on the regular, non boost, non tint ramping driver. I can confirm this because I have one.

+1

Do you guys have any idea how long it takes for the booster driver to appear as an option in d4v2? Or it might not happen at all?

I believe Hank mentioned he had plans for it, but it didnā€™t seem that prioritized/ it would take some time anyways. Donā€™t count on a D4 boost driver for the coming months is my best guessā€¦

Hank, will your upcoming right angle model be available with a boost driver, or with dual channels?

If he says both, iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll have to buy two. At least. Dammit!

Basically itā€™s just the D4V2 right angle model, which will have the exact same configuration as D4V2, including linear dual channel driver, and boost driver options.

Fantastic news!

Hank, the Boost drivers in the quad lights will output 2 amps per LED at the highest setting. What current will the LEDs get at the lowest setting?

Hi Hank,

Will the upcoming right angle head lamp have a threaded retaining ring on the switch or one of the friction fitted rings like on the D4V2?

Many thanks

I am also curious about this. Can the boost drivers go as dim as the linear drivers on level 1?

my experience with the d4sv2 boost driver + b35a, the lowest setting was not low. It was rather high like the dm11 xhp35 HI model.

if it is very similar to the D4v2 model, I wouldn't imagine there is room for a threaded retaining ring. If Hank is staying true to his "as small and powerful as possible" vision with this model.

Oh nooooo :person_facepalming: I totally would have taken that option in my last purchase if Iā€™d known :frowning:

Thanks for the information though Mob

New right angle Hank light? Yessssssssssssssssss :slight_smile:

Hank, do you have an anticipated timeline for this light reaching the market?

Thanks!
Seth laughlin

Will this driver be available separately?

So if Iā€™m to understand this correctly, the boost driver will cut max output of the D4S by about a third?

Not sure about D4SV2. The one for KR series will not fit into existing KR4ā€™s according to this Reddit post.

ā€œThe boost driver does not work with the original KR4 host unless modified, since it needs more cavity in the head. Itā€™s $18 per one.ā€

Approximately, depending on the LEDā€™s and battery used. 219Bā€™s are an exception and will not see much of a brightness difference at all.

Thanks Artie! I hope that does not turn out to be the case for all these new boost drivers. That would be a real shame.

I was referring to the W2 hotrod. If so, that sorta takes the hotrod aspect of it away and would be a tough decision for me. Thanks