Emisar D3AA is available now

I have the same question.
I realy don’t want to pay 22 % VAT + 10 EUR for custom clereance.

This is where the W1 you glossed over slightly really shines. It sustains max brightness significantly longer, and seems to sip the battery compared to the other options. Otherwise I agree with your overview. The W1 is an extremely tight beam, not for walking or viewing anything up close. I can deal with the SFT40 tint well enough and would give it a slight edge over the W2 personally, but the W2 is much nicer looking. However for a small light like the KR1 or D1, I think there’s definitely a place for the W1 as long as you know what you’re getting.

So here’s the thing….

My dual channel DW4 is just a bit too cool at the top using 4500K E21A and a bit too yellow on the bottom with 2700K E21A

Sure, Lee Magenta Filters can correct the tint to my taste but cuts the total output

“I DO NOT want to De-Dome”
It’s a shame that we cannot mix 519A with E21A and get the correct tints without de-doming

I’d love to see the dual channel D4K with a 2000K E21A reddish tint mixed with a second channel using 519A @ 3500K

This would give me up to 2500 Lumens at most with just enough red tint mixed in without using additional filtering

I’m guessing around 2000 Lumens with the correct amount of red tint is perfect for me

Is there any plans on making these 2 LEDs compatible with each other in the future?

Note:
Adding a 2000K 519A Led is not an option
It would be WAY too much red tint for needing color correction only

Fireflies already has the WAY too much red tint option anyway

The other option would be to have 3 - 519A LEDs @ 3500K + 1 @ 2000 but I still don’t need that much heat or output in my hand
(2nd channel would have 1- 2000K + 1-3500K)

I just want the perfect tint with a bit more output than having 4 - E21A’s and not as much output as the fire breathing 519A’s

What are my options

Just asking for comments. Anyone here have a hard time deciding between a tail switch light like the KR4 vs a side switch light like the D4V2/D4K? Just wondering what made you finally go one way or the other? All of my lights have been side switches. I really like the nice looking form of the KR4, but now that there’s this D4K, the greater capacity and a side switch that I’m used to makes me lean towards the D4k as my first Hank light.

Wondering what swayed you?

If I want warm flood channel 1 and cool throw channel 2 is LH351D 3500k ch1 and W1 6000k ch 2 a good option?

Depends on the use case. If I’m using the light for illumination purposes I prefer a side switch as it is more ergonomic. If I’m using a light connected to a light painting tool then it usually needs a tail switch as a side switch will be inaccessible.

Hank, any chance we’ll see a D4K in Cu/Ti? That would be a really good looking flashlight.

Yes!

I have two KR4 lights and they have a great shape and hand-feel. But the tail switches are not satisfyingly clicky like side-switches on D4V2 models. They feel somewhat imprecise. I tracked down a mod a while back that is supposed to firm them up but haven’t gotten around to doing it yet.

And unlike my D4V2 lights with raised button rings, the KR4s need to be locked out to prevent accidental pocket activation.

Thanks for answering my questions about the D4K. Does anyone know the current consumption when the button indicator is on low or high? Does the current draw change based on button color, like the aux LED’s does? I read that blue AUX LED is half the consumption of the white AUX LED, for example. Like 9mA vs 4mA!

@hank, is there a decent chance that there will be a 21700 KR1?

All ma packages from wurkkos/hank/jack/aliexpress just arrive at my door. I don't have to pay anything extra (Poland). Like today I got DM1.12 and KR1. But can't answer for your country.

Side switch is more practical, and ergonomic. If you don't have a use case for tail switch, just go for the side switch.

I would like a KR1 style (single emitter, tail switch) light with head size between 25 and 28mm so that it fits light painting connectors.

can anybody share a beamshot comparison of b35am 4500k vs. 5000k at the dm11?
that would be great!

Regarding VAT and other custom costs.

I thing that Hank (https://intl-outdoor.com/) has different procedures for different countries. :cry:

Big countries like Poland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain… don’t have custom clereance. There is IOSS procedure in place.

But for smaller countries like Slovenia…, Hank does not use IOSS.

I can tell you, that I ordered this spring flashlight for around 60 EUR from Hank. I had to pay 22% VAT (13 EUR) + 10 EUR for custom clereance.
In total I paid additional 25 EUR, which is realy not good.

This is the reason that I did not order any new FL from spring till now. But I would like to order them.

Kind regards

Same here in Croatia… :(

Lucky for me i’m traveling often to France and there i don’t have to pay any other fees.

Different criteria for different EU countries.
This is really not acceptable. :frowning: Hank should have same procedure for all EU countries!

I understand that most orders come from bigger countries, but that does not mean that buyers from smaller countries should pay more!

There is no VAT at payment so there is no IOSS, they use a shipping method that manages to avoid custom for some countries, same as Fireflies.
Aliexpress is different, they are registered to IOSS and so for anything below 150€, VAT is paid at the purchase, then it goes through customs without additional fees.

Hank,

I see Cree is now offering the XP-P in all CCT’s up to 90cri. Any chance we see this in your future offerings?

It would be such a good Osram W1 alternative in your multi emitter lights, especially for those who dislike 6500k 60 CRI.

Very surprised they added warm CCT and high CRI variants for this LED, usually projection LEDs stay with cool white low CRI.

In any case they just added this very recently right ? It usually takes several months between the cree datasheet and broad availability.