Emisar D3AA is available now

Are the XHP 50.3 HI that Hank is offering in the DM11 3V or do they use the boost driver (6V)?

2 Thanks

Pretty sure 6V, the only cct available in 3v is 6500k low cri. Maybe the 6500k option is 3v.

Where D1 xhp50.3?

I think it is because the right reflector isnā€™t available, iirc the reflectors used for the XHP50.3 D1s need a special centering ring and have the hole reamed out to be bigger.

Might be possible to email request it, but you might have to enlarge the reflector hole yourself.

What do you mean? Thereā€™s several 7070 emitters offered. Cant fit another 5050?

2 Thanks

It would fit, but maybe there isnā€™t the right centering gasket. IIRC the 7070 reflectors are OP while the XHP50.3 would be best with a smooth reflector.

It probably is available under email request, but Iā€™m not sure.

Not sure if itā€™s the issue here, but the footprint of the emitter isnā€™t always the same as the actual die surface. e.g. the W2.1 and W2.2 have a much larger footprint than die area. If the die covers most of the footprint, the ring might end up touching it, which would be a Bad Thing.

The way Hank did the gasket on my sfn60, and maybe the other 7070ā€™s idk, and maybe heā€™s been doing this for years, what do I know.

But anyways. Itā€™s like a normal gasket flipped upside down. And the sfn has a huge LES that does take up most of the footprint, but the gasket has a little shelf that rises above the footprint but not quite above the LES like a little shroud It sort it cuts the corners and puts just the emitting surface into focus.

I imagine this would be a great way to adjust for those differences youā€™re talking about. Extend the shelf for the same footprint LEDs with much different emitting surfaces. Probably cleans up the beam. Makes it impossible for the reflector to touch the LED too. Gasket goes up and covers it like a shroud.

Could be. Smooth reflectors are pretty unforgiving if youā€™re off a bit. He made it work with the DM11 though. Is a TIR harder to make work than a reflector? Idk but I feel like it would be. I have faith

1 Thank

TIR is way more forgiving than a reflector from my experience.

Really? What kind of bit and coolant are you using? Then just flame polish?

Just asked Hank, XHP50.3HI is possible on a D1. Not sure if it uses a smooth or OP reflector.

1 Thank

Iā€™d go with OP for a kr1/d1 xhp50.3hi. good beam, no risk of donut hole.

@Hank_Wang ,

Any chance we see the Nichia 719A in any of your boost driver lights?

And do you have any photos you can share of your upcoming M44. I am very eager to get my hands on one once released :slight_smile:

1 Thank

16 Thanks

That looks weird but good. I wonder if the head could have been made squarish, flatten the parts where there is no optic, could look really interesting :D, and not have those empty parts without optics

1 Thank

More space for aux lights

1 Thank

Thereā€™s plenty under all the TIRs :slight_smile: as we can see here

Round is good, itā€™s a proven design for waterproofness and sturdiness. I guess it also saves the time from screwing over 40 screws haha.

Is this dual channel or triple channel?

6 Thanks

Will you offer the M44 with emitters like the SFQ43 or similar?

Iā€™m just asking since you started to use the SFN60 in other lights

1 Thank

Head diameter is the same as D18 with custom work on the quads to actually fit and maintain the same head diameter instead of getting larger.

9 Thanks