Emisar D4S review

That explains it. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thank you sir. I end up ordering two golisi l2 from banggood for $13.69 each.

If anyone need a link, please let me know… i was told there were some fake golisi charger out there.

In smooth ramp mode, is there supposed to be a little ‘hiccup’ somewhere half way through the ramp? By hiccup I mean a brief hesitation where it seems like the light shuts off for a split second and comes back on at a higher level, and then continues ramping up from there?

Also, I realized the Shockli cell doesn’t make contact with the terminals of my Miboxer C4-12. So now I’m stuck using the “slow” Lii-500 to charge it. Sigh.

I use the MiBoxer C4-12 to recharge my Shockli’s all the time…. check the negative terminal of your charger, you might have to bend it forward a bit so it stands straight up…

I use mine to charge 32650’s as well. :wink:

Thanks for the tip. Looks like this helped!

Isnt that hiccup when it goes from regulated to unregulated?

Yes. That marks where the light switches from 7135 to 7135+FET.

Thanks.

Also: is the factory set moon mode as low as it can get, or can you program in an even lower moon mode?

Yes, it’s a reference point, a mile marker, added because people wanted a way to tell when they crossed the threshold between power channels.

Although it’s is mentioned in the manual, I’m tempted to publish a FAQ somewhere too. If I do, that question will be #1 on the list.

Here is one:

Thank you. I was looking for that manual. :slight_smile:

Battery recommended?

Thanks! This is a much nicer photo. :slight_smile:

Among others, the first six pictures in the OP if this thread. Click the pager link for “1” or “first”.

Pm says an unspecified manufacturer wants insider production details about Emisar lights. Even if Emisar shared that info with me, the answer would still be “no”.

:star:

Are there still plans for a D7? I haven’t seen it mentioned in months

A while back, before the D4S was released, there came word that the D7 wasn’t going to be realized. Not sure what the problem was though. I’m a bit bummed, but with the success of the Emisar lights, I’d expect that we will see some more cool designs in the future.

Here’s my take on re-flashing the D4S:

Six male dupont cables in a breadboard, add some hot glue and voilá. A D4S-VIA-adaptor :smiley:

Short GIFV of the Andruil lights in action: https://i.imgur.com/3yCTcXS.gifv

In Turbo mode with water cooling. After 50 minutes, the flashlight went into a lower brightness, the voltage on the battery was 2.8-3.1v. Battery Shockli 26650 - 5500 mAh. (Video in fast mode) :slight_smile:

Was this on turbo?