Emisar D4S review

Yes :wink: :+1:

If it took 50 minutes to deplete a 5500 mAh cell, it means average current draw was around 6.6 Amps, so the light must have stepped down quite a bit, despite being water cooled.

Was that water hot enough to brew tea? :slight_smile:

I’m guessing it’d probably have a shorter runtime if it had cool water flowing around it instead of sitting in a stagnant pool. It may have saturated the water and activated thermal regulation.

I’m guessing this because I tested a Meteor under cold running water, and despite making less light than a D4S, it drained twice as much battery capacity in the same amount of time. So it’d be helpful to have an output graph of this test. It shouldn’t run for that long unless it wasn’t going at full power the whole time.

Emisar is so successful. I cant wait to get the next model when they released. Maybe soda can light next ??

If you step through the video in chunks you can see the light does get progressively dimmer over time.

Water warmed to 38 degrees :smiley:

I'll second that.

Of course, now there’s a red aux LED option. I must keep repeating to myself that I don’t really need a second one.

:smiling_imp: YOU NEED IT! - and so do I :person_facepalming:

EDIT - talked myself into it - ordered a black one w/ red aux led’s :person_facepalming:

+1

I’m glad red wasn’t available when I ordered mine. I would have ordered red never knowing how nice cyan looks with the green body.

In terms of color of the aux LED, which of the three do you guys think look the nicest?

I think the Grey D4S is the nicest with cyan AUX leds.
If I buy a green I will buy it with green aux leds.

I like the cyan but I would rather have the red next to where I sleep

It’s a genius move (if it’s intentional) to make some changes/upgrades/options as the lights go through different rounds of production and switch a detail (color, led, material) to keep the flashlight enthusiasts guessing. If red was announced as coming later, I wonder how many would wait and not buy into the first run, knowing that what they’d prefer will eventually be made. Now people will be justifying buying an additional light or collectors will have to have all their favorites in all of the varieties. Pretty slick even if it’s not on purpose.

Luckily, Hank’s light are really great in quality, value, power and size.

I ¡NEED! a green D1S :exclamation:

I didnt regret purchasing 3 d4s with the cyan aux led… all work out for me…

Just remember, d7s or d9s whatever pop can size light will have red led.

Is there news about a D7s or D9s? This is the first I’ve heard about what might be built next.

Although I find the D4S a bit too large, too heavy, and too clipless for EDC purposes, it seems very well made and I use it a fair amount. But instead of thinking of it as a bigger D4, I think of it more like a smaller Q8. I didn’t really expect to like it, but it’s one of my favorite lights now. Hank did a really good job on it.

Yes, the D4S may be a tad bit too heavy and clunky, but it fits in my hand oh so well - much nicer than a typical 18650 tube light.

I guess you could run an 18650 cell in it to shave off some weight, if you’re willing to accept the trade offs.

The D4D is my first Emisar light. I’ve been carrying it a lot, and still am, even though the novelty is wearing off, and despite the size/bulk/weight. I do like the way it feels in my hand though.

It’s got me interested in a D4, or rather, in a hypothetical upgraded D4. The main improvement I’m interested in is a recessed button, like the D4S, updated firmware, and SST-40 90+ CRI as an option. A driver that can be reprogrammed without removal would also be nice.