Emisar D4S review

I got my d4s today, sst20 5k, very nice tint, this greenish warmish tint at lower levels is quite interesting :slight_smile: Light is more throwing than I thought, much more focused than d4, but together with a lot of power it makes it throw really far as for 4 led light… I checked it with imalent dn71, it is much brighter. I checked temperature ramping too, D4, D4S and DN70. First ramped of curse D4, than for quite long time both D4S and DN70 were keeping up together, then first ramped DN70, D4S stayed at almost 2x stronger beam till I stopped it not to heat them up too much. So D4S is winner in terms brightness and temperature through time.

I tried to check current drain on D4 and D4S, by 4.2v it is over 15A :slight_smile: So what are now strongest 26650 LiIon? Liitokala have a looot of sag by 20A…

i use efest 4200mah, they are rated for 35A.

Only original on the market or are there copies too? Can you show how it should look?

why don’t the lockout (4 clicks) completely lock out? it still comes on but on a low level. on the D4 it completely lock out.

not sure, i buy from nkon they only sell legit batteries, they look like this.

https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/26650/efest-imr-26650-4200mah.html

I looked at the discharge curve, it is similiar to Liitokala, maybe little bit better. Maybe I will try…. Any other ideas of best 26650 cell?

I Love these lights also. I have a 4000k and 3000k, i Love both.
But I do think the 4000k is better in the snow. The 3000k looks way to yellow.

It throws a lot better than I thought it would. And the light isn’t that big either. :smiley:

Is there such a thing as a best 26650? Doesn’t it depend on what you are using it for? :sunglasses:

No, in terms of current capabilities with decent capacity there may be something to call the best. Lets say over 4000mAh and highest current capable :slight_smile:

It uses the floor of the current ramp as momentary light.
So you don’t need to unlock if you want to lock around in a dark bag or to find a keyhole. I find it handy and with low it doesn’t harm anything

Shockli 26650 has 30A and 5500mAh, they are pretty good. I use them in my D4S, good cells.

ok, thanks for explaining that.

most LEDs change tint with current. Below a certain current the tint might deviate heavily from what is expected for that LED at nominal drive currents.

Using PWM mitigates that effect as the drive current is always the same. The brightness is controlled by the length of time the LED is switched on. The downside is lower efficiency, as an emitter pulsed at a high current but low duty cycle is less efficient than an emitter driven at the same effective current but with 100% duty cycle (= constant current).

This is a reason why i.e. computer screens always have pwm controlled brightness, as you do want the same colors for different screen brightness levels.

So whats best? It depends :slight_smile: efficiency, tint, cost & complexity of the driver, range of available levels… there is much to take into consideration.

where did u get them? seems hard to find them in EU shops, nkon doesnt have them.

I got them at Gearbest
Shockli 26650

I bought two from their AliExpress store

NOR test on Zanflare C4 shows capacity at 6150mAh and internal resistance of 44mR.

Golisi IMR26650 4300mAh Gold

The Golisi 26650 Gold cell supplies the most power of any 26650 in my experience testing in actual flashlights.

ok shame ali shipping options are so lame, over 40days last time i order there and lion cells probably can get rejected in customs… weird so hard to find that brand closer to me…