Emisar D4Sv2 Function Loss

One of my D4Sv2 lights is on the fritz. :frowning:

Last night it randomly wouldn’t work from the very beginning of my walk. It had worked perfectly the last time I used it. When I turned it on, the Aux lights and button light would behave as if the flashlight was functioning, but nothing would come out of the main emitters. When I got home I did a factory reset. Now I can get light from the main leds, but Turbo doesn’t seem to work. Also, I can’t set either the function or color of the AUX lights. Battery check works fine so I’m not in muggle mode.

As I write this, I realize that I assumed this light was Anduril 1. If I’m wrong, then battery-check mode would work in simple UI, and my attempts to leave muggle mode (6 clicks) would not have been effective. Crossing my fingers SO HARD that this is the case. I have a bad feeling though, because there is no reason for this light to have locked up on me in the first place.

BTW, this is the driver with a button backlight and FET, it doesn’t have boost or channel switching.

I thought all D4Sv2 with the button backlight used the K9.3 driver which has channel switching and came with Anduril2.

If I’m correct, I believe you inadvertently switched channels and after you did the factory reset you are in Anduril2 Simple UI.

1 Thank

Oh right, I knew it was the K9.3 driver but forgot the channel-switching was a thing (on this driver). It seems like it would be hard to do that by accident, but maybe I didn’t use enough force on the switch and accidentally “feathered” it registering multiple clicks. Then I held down the button expecting the light to ramp up and instead it switched channels. That sounds very plausible, I’ll check it when I get home.

Thanks!

1 Thank

I’ve done this at least twice.
The first time freaked me out.

1 Thank

I was thinking my luck was unbelievably bad since the lights I carry in my pocket somehow have a lower failure rate than the ones that live on my shelf when they are not being used lol

1 Thank

This was it alright :beer:

Hello to future people who will probably get here after googling this issue lol

1 Thank