Emisar D4Sv2 Troubleshooting (Black Light = Bad Luck???)

My new D4Sv2 suddenly stopped working properly. I’ve only had it since January and it has had a couple of hrs use maximum due my rotation of lights and my tendency to baby new arrivals.

Configuration: Black, 26800 tube, steel bezel, 5000k 519a, brand new qb26800.

It’s weird, the last Emisar that gave me issues had a black body too. A curse?!? :frowning:

Symptoms:

• The main emitters flicker when turned on and will not produce much light.

• ramping behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes it has no effect on the main emitters and only the button brightness changes. Other times being at low ramp produced an almost-steady beam and ramping up caused tons of flickering. Mostly ramping doesn’t accomplish much

• turbo is also inconsistent. It seems that turbo works in the Advanced UI but not in the Simple UI. The flickering begins again immediately after exiting turbo.

• Factor reset changesd the aux leds back to the default rainbow cycle but doesn’t fix the issue with the main emitters.

• I was also able to reconfigure the aux leds with the 7c and 7h method back to what I had prior to the resets.

• bat-check works but the beam has flicker in the blinks

Can someone tell me which version of Anduril this light should have on board? I have the flasher and I could try re-flashing the firmware before I give up and ask Hank for help. This light has the FET driver with a backlit button.

What I’ve tried so far:

• multiple factory resets using different methods
  • cleaning all contact points between the tube, the head, and the cap as well as both springs and the ends of the battery.
  • using a different tube and a different battery
  • switching between simple and advanced UI

I’m sure Hank will make it right, but I want to exhaust my own trouble shooting options first.

@ToyKeeper Does any of this sound like a firmware mismatch or software bug that a re-flash might fix?

Because turbo in advanced mode works fine (FET) it might be a problem with the main LED’s regulation components (maybe a bad linear regulator). If you’re very skilled at soldering, you could try to replace the driver, but it might be best to just ask Hank for a replacement light head, or email Jackson (JLHawaii808) to have it fixed if you’re in the USA.

Also, if you can get a version check reading (>15C) post the last 4 digits. It should be 01xx or 02xx.

2 Thanks

Ah darn I was hoping that would not be the case. I definitely can’t do a board level repair myself.

I will talk to Hank about it. If the light was older I would consider sending it for repairs at my own cost but the memory of paying $87ish for it is too fresh in my mind.

Thanks for weighing in :+1:

Edit: I misread, you didn’t mean board level repair. Nevertheless, I don’t even own a soldering iron yet so an Emisar is definitely beyond my ability to disassemble and reassemble