Emisar Headlamp A.K.A. Hanklamp

Boosting li-ion to 35V will likely require a dual stage boost converter and will be inefficient, 35V COBs are a bad idea, but sunlike LEDs exists in 6V.

Adam is doing 12w(7w?) version, using the 13.5mm square Seoul cob

Surely Hank can do better. Adam won’t make something heavy or complex. I don’t see a problem with wearing a partial helmet designed to balance the light and relieve forehead pressure.
The extra available space will allow for better driver components…

EDIT: and you don’t exact need huge watts for a headlamp to begin with, it’s just for illuminating work up close with limited angle lighting.

I like my Hank lights very much, but to be honest a heavy hot rod strapped to my head doesn’t really sound appealing at all :smiley:

Hope if something like this happens he goes for a smaller and lighter design with efficient drivers.

An 18650 high-CRI TIR headlamp with hidden/screw-off USB-C charging port would be pretty sweet.

Huh, looks like im in the minority here, but I like L-shaped more. You can use different tube sizes more easily with L shape, and it can be taken out of the band and used as a work light more effectively. Especially with a magnetic tailcap.

I’ve been using a Nitecore 18650 headlamp for several years. It’s by far my most used light. The red is awesome at night and it pushes out about a thousand LM white I think. 18650

Would love to see one. No internal charging please.

I actually just messaged Hank to see if there was any plans for a headlamp.
I would like to see a 21700 Right-Angle but with button on side like d4v2 instead of top like most have, Anduril 2, quad emitter w/aux lights.
Or like I also saw in the comments a panda 3.0 but better. T-shaped, magnetic tail cap, Anduril 2, 21700 dual emitters maybe W1 with reflector on 1 side for throw and high cri flood on the other but single-button channel switch like the k9.3. Also quality headband that uses heavy duty clip to hold light like nitecore hc35 or magnetic headband like olight perun but for 21700. I would buy either option immediately!!!

The fireflies 21700 is the headlamp to base a new light on imo. It is very compact.

Agreed, if Hank doesn’t have a headlamp before the PL47G3 comes out I’ll probably get one. I’ve been wanting the g2 but it says sold out awaiting generation 3

A right angled Hank light would be amazing. I would use it all the time.

I would like something that competes with the top offerings from lupine or lucifer. So, I would suggest making a mount that the k9.3 head threads onto. The mount has a cord to the same 21700 tube, mounted in the back… Boom, absolutely spanks the lupine Betty in functionality at like 1/6 the price, with non-proprietary, swappable batteries, led options.

I think a wide/fat headband is a must at this weight. Lucifer lights is a good example of a properly sturdy headband.

I absolutely love my k9.3 but I still have a horrid morning commute if I can’t find my headlamp. Hank headlamp is a must and I would pay a pretty unreasonable price for it.

I like the L shape option best. I don't think the field is too crowded for another 21700 headlamp, but 18650 ...great. Hank would no doubt do something very worthwhile.

Maybe start with a lower max output than we're use to, so as entertaining as that would be I don't have to worry about burning my eyebrows off

I'm thinking floody, great runtime, and good ergonomics for hand held use as well.

my 2 cents.

I would love an 18650 L shape from Hank. At this time, the only option that remotely interests me is the Olight Perun 2 in purple gradient. The light itself not so much, but that finish is spectacular. I’m nearly prepared to put up with its negatives just for the colour.

Some news from Hank would stop me spending that money. :innocent: