[Ended]Groupbuy : Utorch UT01 (XP-L , AA & 14500 battery , e-switch etc)

And i have 2 units (one NW , one CW ) :stuck_out_tongue: In both lights it doesnā€™t work.

Have you measure the length of battery you have?

Ofcourse , itā€™s in one of the previous posts . 50.5-50.6mm

Iā€™d like a nw code if still available thx.

Got mine yesterday in NW! Still waiting for one in NW and one in CW!
Tint compare to manker e11 nw, utorch is more pinkish but not green. Will see tint on another two when they arrive.
Xtar 14500 button top donā€™t fit, i use sanyo ur14500p.
Driver is manker ,on utorch you can reverse pocket clip so that is a plus.
And reflector is less orange peal so the hot spot is more bright on utorch not much but stillā€¦
There is double spring in tail cap and all parts is interchangeable between manker and utorch.

Ordered a nw using the aff link, thx man!

Send me the code, please.

ā€¦and the mystery surrounding an oh-so elusive uber-short protected 14500 growsā€¦ :person_facepalming:

It would be nice if someone managed to get a protected cell to work and then compared that output to an unprotected cellā€¦ so that what cell to buy, cutting the spring or sticking paper clips in there could be more easily decided upon.

Iā€™m guessing (now) that the cell jycheang purchased a few years ago is somehow different than Georgeā€™sā€¦

But why use a protected?

Why have a light in your pocket or strapped to your head which wonā€™t offer more internal LVP than what is afforded a harmless NiMh cell powering that same light?

Again, if we had any idea what the increased level of lumens might be between a NiMh and and an unprotected IMR?

400 and some odd lumens from a NiMh might be easier to conceive along with what would be gained from landing somewhere in between those two cells while still (actually) being protected.

A protected Li 14500 battery means peace of mind and higher output (than a Ni or simple alcaline) at the same time. :wink:

1) Nihm isnā€™t safer than a Li-ion battery .

2) If i remember correctly flashlight shuts down completely under a certain voltage (i know this isnā€™t somewhere in the review but it was tested only one time).

0 benefits using a protected battery , for me , even without this (2) ) feature.

Safer for the battery I meant, since we tend to forget after a certain age.

if the buy was extended, iā€™ll take a coupon code. i did notice that the 1A price has dropped anyway, so that might be only option. thanks.

I am trying to get caught up here at BLF.

I am hoping I can still get the code for this light also please, and thank you twice now for the other code as well I bought 2 UT02ā€™s CW & NW and was just at GB and was going to buy this light outright and then thought Iā€™d better check here first, geez, I am so behind with whatā€™s going on here at BLF.

So thanks again

please send code, thanks

PM please

Weā€™ll just have to agree to disagree, George given your point number (1) above and the fact not mentioned in your review/now revealed regarding LVP shutoff at some undetermined voltage.

As you mentioned before, it is impossible to compare a $60 light with a $17 one (which I wasnā€™t) yet I have thrown an unprotected cell in a ZL every day/used/abused it given the circuitry explained up front and their tendency to stand behind that claim. Clones are clones. Not knocking the UT01 that I am very much looking forward to, just my opinion.

Thanks again for bringing this to us.

Got a second light in NW today, tint is different more pure white not pinkish like first one, clip is longer and softer and it works with xtar14500 protected(first one I got donā€™t).
So two same light ordered same day and there are some minor differences.
Waiting for CW, maybe from three lights i can make one perfect for me and the other two will be still great gift to friends who still use mini mag aa!

Thanks for the heads up on the protected cell compatibility, febaā€¦any thoughts on output compared to an IMR?