[Ended]Groupbuy : Utorch UT02 (single cell XHP-35 HI / 26650 thrower)

Well, if it’s that difficult to decide on for a muggle, get em a Sipik SK68 and an Alkaline cell for about $4, and with the money you save get yourself an UT02. :smiley:

It’s fine, we were all muggles once upon a time. :wink:

You might find that you can incite excitement, create flashaholics out of the muggles in your life, then (heaven forbid!) if you ever get caught out without your favorite flashlight your newly converted friends can step up and provide lighting. :wink:

I’m just curious where the market for this light is, since it doesn’t really deliver anything new/extra (unless you’re a flashaholic).

That question is more for Manker, with 40% better price and I am sure that UT02 does have what to offer!

Alright, i think i like this light.
Is the deal still on?
Then i would like to have the coupon code too.
But i’m curious if the driver is moddable for more current and / or if it can handle 2x 26650 (or 18650) in series.

To me, as I've stated several times - love the overall quality, feel, and the form factor. It's a pocketable thrower, not much bigger than a C8 but throws much better. Actually in length it's about equal to typical C8's because of the savings from using an e-switch instead of a tail switch. To me the U21/UT02 is much better with a dedomed XPL, FET driver running Narsil that does 1,700 lumens and ~250 kcd. As a stock light, it's well under-powered and now, even more so. The tiny BTU PK26 has higher lumens in turbo, and also uses one 26650.

For throw, no comparison to a EA41W - not even close.

Already resistor modded my UT02, so did KB. Got over 1,400 lumens now.

Beam shot of a dedomed XPL in a U21 here, though quality isn't so good : https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/42543

Im in.

See? 250Kcd in this size? Yeah, now that rocks!

That would rock, where can I buy it?

Right here: http://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/manker-u21vn-26650-thrower

I'd sell you one but it would cost more, but I think my driver is better and I get ~1,700 lumens.

Would be nice if there is someway to retain the USB charging function and just piggyback a FET driver between the LED and input, in theory it should be doable, like having two drivers in parallel but only one is connected to the output, problem is if there’s enough room for another driver?

V54 of course, sounds interesting but a bit pricey for me. Wish there was a high CRI version.

I’m in, please send me a code for Utorch UT02 NW. Thank you.

Is the given run times based on a 5000 mAh 26650?
Turbo 1.25h, High 3.1h…

PM the code for the UT02 & UT01

Thanks…………………….

You guys need to run this light on a Keeppower unprotected high-drain 5200mAh cell! Man, it performs even better, to my eye, than with other high-drain cells (even though it’s regulated)! I believe it’s about 1,215 of so lumens. Throw is a bit better than with my old Maxtoch 2X Shooter (XM-L2 U2) with 68mm head (112kcd), so I believe the 125kcd rating.

And it turns out, they DID send me the neutral white torch. It’s just a cooler NW.

I’ve run it/them with MNKE, Efest, Moli 26700, they all seem to perform in the same range on the light box.

112kcd as aposed to the others reading 85kcd seems a little off. The driver is regulated so right off the bat a better cell is not going to make that much difference. Unless yours happens to be the freak of the bunch?

Ordered NW- thanks

Um, I got 97 and 95Kcd, not 85. Still not 112 or 124, but 625M is a good long way from a single cell, regardless.