Ended - JAXMAN Interest list

Personally I like the next mode down after 100% to allow the highest possible brightness whilst still allowing the light to run continuously without getting too hot to touch (in a range of ambient conditions). That would probably be around 40 to 50% on this light. Below that that maybe 10% to 15, 1, 0.1%?

The BLF A6 had a pretty good mode group selection.

agree 100%

Added E3- Nichia

Completed

30% to 100% is not really big jump tho…

Nice! though I don’t know how much Jaxman is going to do with it, surely useful things can come from this.

Ah and EDIT
Z1 Great price! *semi groupbuy* Jaxman Z1 host
X1 Semi groupbuy Jaxman X1 host
we had two semi groupbuys

In brightness it isn’t a big jump (in fact it’s just right), but in heat handling there can be a massive difference.

What I’m really interested in is group buy or discount on the xhp50 z1. Looks like a bit of a monster.

I have had the Z1 XHP50 for about 6-8 months & confirm that it is an excellent, quality light :+1:
It is a very versatile light & since getting it it must be my most used light.
The best zoomie out there IMO :wink:

interested in Jaxman X1 pill

completed form, thanks.

Jaxman has a real good chance to get really involved in the flashlight community as make their lights an even better success.
its great to receive deeper input from forums these days.

All

I can’t predict the future. A host should, I think, include the optical parts

I think of flashlight bodies as long-held holders for frequently changed newest and most interesting drivers and emitters

I totally agree also. Everyone has an opinion on mode spacing & there is no way on earth to please everyone.

For instance, as far as I am concerned ‘moonlight’ mode is a total waste of click on most lights, as are strobes unless thy are hidden. But if that is how a light comes and I want it… I’ll deal with it and/or change it when I get it.

That is one reason it would be so neat if hosts were available…. we could build them like we want them. And YES, a host should come with lens &/or optics. All that should be missing is the driver & LED in a “host”.

Like Ian said above, I too have a couple of Jaxman Z1’s and love them. They are a super well built light and a very versatile zoom!

While “free shipping” would be nice, paying “reasonable shipping” is not a deal breaker for me.
I do wish there was a way, when ordering small parts from Jaxman; that the shipping could be made more reasonable however.

This guy makes a heck of a nice light and I hope he continues to grow. :+1:

Thanks for that, I guess nobody remembered those groupbuys, added to OP and to the form

Thanks, added Z1 XHP50

great, just trying to make sure anyone’s interest is covered in the form.

I also have the feeling that while AE offers free shipping for everyone else, the small and light packages from Jaxman get hit with 2x-3x-value shipping fees.

What do you think reasonable shipping should be. I think he mentioned somewhere he has access to $5 airmail but didn’t mention details.

thanks added

I suggest you post a cross-reference to this over at the mountain bike forum, mtbr.com, forum
Lighting DIY parts suppliers, vendors, etc. | Mountain Bike Reviews Forum

Thanks will try :+1: