ENDED

If you’re asking whether the postive terminal sticks up enough to make contact, the answer is “yes”. No problem with making physical contact in series.

I use a pair of Basen26650’s in my Shadow JM35, Yezl Y3, and Thorfire S70, They fit and work fine.

Ordered 2 pieces of the batteries not so long ago for the Cometa which should arrive soon. Many thanks for the code!

For putting them in series: since it seems a bit random which ‘type’ of battery you get, I guess it is tricky to get a consistent pair to safely use in series lights?

I was going to recommend that you stick to either a pair of “light” (~88g) or a pair of “heavy” (~95g) Basen 26650’s.

However, I just got the results of my second pair of (light) Basens and I’m flabbergasted. Running normal capacity tests, my Liitokala Lii-500 shows capacities of 4750 mAh and 4665mAh for an average of about 4710mAh.

My first pair of (light) Basens came in at 4318mAh and 4362mAh for an average of about 4360mAh. That’s a difference of 8%! If that’s true, then we can’t rely on simply pairing up “light” with “light” or “heavy” with “heavy” 26650’s. Each one needs to be individually checked for compatibility.

I’m so surprised by these latest results that I am going to go back and re-test my first pair of Basens to confirm the data.

I got my pair today, and although they are the heavy ones, they cannot be run in series. The positive contact doesn’t protrude far enough — I tried. This stinks since I was going to run them in my S70. Bummer.

They’re on the analyzer now to check their respective capacities.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the 2 different cells and listed the differences between them?

This is the only side by side comparison that I’m aware of:

Ordered a pair on 5-4-16 and received them yesterday.
They are the white box version with the typo weighing 88g and 89g.
I tested them on the Opus BT-C3100 and got 4675mah and 4750mah.

I ended up with 2 of each type lol…

I tried a summary on the Basen 26650 here:

Last night I eagerly grabbed my fresh off the charger Basens and shoved them into my brand new S70 and… Nothing :frowning: It took me a minute or two to realize it was that the anode end buttons were too short. A magnet scrounged out of an old CD drive fixed it.

I’m going to order some thin disc magnets of the proper diameter.
Has anybody done resistance tests through magnets?

FastTech Disc Magnets”:https://www.fasttech.com/search?Disc%20magnet%20

They are supposed to have a hardly measurble resistance and should work fine. I used 5x2 mm type in my TM16GT for a while without any issues.

Re-tested my first pair of Basens and found the discrepancy. I’m not sure what to make of the results so I started a new discussion here [link].

has anyone measured the amps on these 2 kinds of fake basen batteries with the fake wrappers

So is it the button top or flat top that are the under performing fake ones?

Can you stop calling them fake until that has been confirmed in any way? Right now you are just spreading FUD, and that’s not very helpful.

If one isn’t a fake why are they different when ordered at the same time

Did we COINCIDENTALLY order when they were in a transitional period? What are the chances?

Lol……

JPLight reported finding a manufacturer’s specification stating that the weight of the battery was 95 + 1 grams.
Reference: Basen 26650 4500mAh Issue ?

And this is the latest specification from the manufacturer’s website:

So, there are two official versions of the Basen Black 26650 4500mAh batteries!

… and yes, what are the chances? :wink:

So why exactly does the label have a typo and the capacities vary so much and some and flat top and some button top then?

Labels have typos because humans make mistakes (and Chinese speakers don’t necessarily notice English mistakes). The typos have been noted by users for both the earlier (95g) version and the later (87g) version. So, apparently Basen has been using the same wrappers for both products.

Capacities seem to run along two distinct lines: approximately 4900mAh for the earlier version and approximately 4400mAh to 4700mAh for the later version.

The wide variation for the later version may be attributable to different charging/testing protocols. For example, the test results for my four Basens average 4394mAh when charged at 1A/discharged at 500mA. The same batteries average 4736mAh when charged at 500mA/discharged at 250mA.

[quote=1dash1]

Well…

That was with the discharge-test - Currently the both cells are discharging in my Lii-500 for a Charge-Test.

I don’t have a problem with the capacity, but the typo really drives me crazy.