ENEDED

Where are you buying the BOSS1 from nowadays? It's out of stock all over.

I got palight directly from china , but they communicate in chinese. I would think its best for most to wait for gearbest restock or other reputable online sellers to get them.

I won it on a giveaway half year ago on a hungarian forum.

This soumds like an interesting project Zozz. One of my favourite lights is using 3 x C8 reflectors with XML2 leds.

Any news on this light?

In german forum they modded with a dedomed XML2 and XPG2 and got both LEDs to 400kcd

And 330 and 500 lux/lumen

I have one. And I have big plans but too many plans at the same time and no lathe and money :disappointed:

That's pretty poor results. I got over 700 kcd on a dedomed XPL in mine. I blew a de-domed XM-L2 U4 because of too much current. This thing is huge, and on a good de-dedomed XP-G2, it should hit over 800 kcd.

400 kcd is wayyyyy low.

I found the mod that figure comes from, he used a dedomed warmwhite XML2 T5 high CRI LED

Sure with XML2 U4-1A dedomed you get a lot more lumens and throw

This still available anywhwre?

Not that I know of. I've looked - not in stock mostly from the places that used to sell them. If the threads were done better, I'd recommend them, but the threads are awful, similar to $3 (small) to $12 (larger) low budget lights. Even that is generous.

awful, but till now working :laughing:

BOOSII(link is external)

This light is not worth buying unless the threads are improved. Yes, it is a pure throwr, it can have a loong runtime, but the threads are silly. They are not going to last.

It's a mini BOSS - they shrunk it, which effectively kills the advantage the BOSS1 had. With only 3 26650's and the head diameter to match, it's got to be smaller -- ahh, found it:

says 68 mm head diam.

100mm vs 68mm is a huge shrink

There are some nice lights like the Klarus G35 with that head size and multiple cells