ENEDED

Coupon added to Original Post.

Ordered 5C, thanks !

Both of my cool white and neutral white models came in this afternoon.

Quick inspection and findings:

• It is suppose to be 1000lm but it is clearly under-driven. Highest amp measured from tail is only 2.3A on Turbo for NW version.
  • 5C tint is now different (less rosy) from my first M3 sample. I also just discovered that my 2nd batch M3 5C is different from my review copy.
  • I suspect higher LED Vf for the new 5C which is another blow.
  • M6 has ~1.5mm integrated shelf.
  • No AR lens.
  • Machining and anodizing is 9.2/10 A grade for an under $23 light.
  • Reflector height is close to S2+. M6 reflector is about 1mm higher.

There are a couple of things to do for the upgrade:

1. Spring is fairly thin for the contact board. Buyers may want to attempt to bypass them with thicker cable.
  2. Reduce the resistance through resistor stacking.
  3. MCPCB DTP is mandatory if you want to increase the current.
  4. Throw in a new pair of copper cables.
  5. AR lens for clarity and premium look.

Will this work with a flat top unprotected cell? I’m assuming with LVP it should be okay as long as it fits?

Looks like from the taobao listing the full pack included a flat top cell, but hard to tell. (https://world.tmall.com/item/521071679812.htm)

Thanks!

Just got mine in today. It has springs front and rear, so flat tops are fine.

I think the anodizing color is my favorite color on all lights, and this looks and feels just like the M3 anodizing, which is holding up great.

Less mod ability in this compared to the M3 in my view, but better thermal path as the LED shelf is direct to the body.

I prefer the M3 in comparison, but this is a nice light as well…. So happy they have a 5C option, this is a very nice tint…

I held off on this to wait for the 3C, I thought the 5C might be a bit too warm for me. I do like my 4C convoys but they are a bit toward the warm side of neutral. Not sure if I’d like it much warmer, but I’m probably going to try the 5C in the M3.

To me the 3D XPL in my BLF A6 appears warmer than the 4C XML2 in my Convoy S2+ and S6, they’re very close but the 4C has a yellowish looking corona with white spill, where on the 3D you cant tell any color difference between the corona and spill it’s all the yellowish like the 4C’s corona. This is all when shining on a white wall of course.

ReManG, (or anyone) if you happen to have the a6 with 3D or Convoy with 4C, how this 5C compares to those.

EDIT: I see the beam comparison photos in the M3 review include a BLF A6 3D ENEDED, in those photos the M3 5C looks more pinkish than the A6 3D, but I’m not sure if the photos are exactly what you see in real life?

Also I wonder if the m6 with 3C might be a bit brighter than with 5C, I think it’s been mentioned the 5C may be T6 instead of U2.

I see the 3C appears to be in stock now. Freeme would you be able to get the code to work for 3C for us now?

In for a 5C, couldn’t resist…lol

Can anyone confirm the UI is the same as the OTR M3 please?

Yes it is the same as the M3. Press and hold for on, four modes ascending available with quick clicks… Double click for turbo, triple click for blinky modes.

For those who also purchased the On The Road M3, have you noticed that the M6 was not up to par in terms of quality? I had an issue with the finishing (bezel ring kinda overhangs over the head of the light, carrying pouch was poorly sewn, part of the logo printing is on the knurling) Overall, the flashlight is pretty good, but I feel like a convoy S2+ would have been a better investment.

Thanks
That’s a nice UI.
Bit torn between the OTR M6 and a Astrolux E02 at the moment.
UI sounds nicer on the M6 but prefer the look of the E02.

E02 is a piece of junk imo. It is not waterproof and has no battery protection.

Ok,couple of newbie questions.
Where isn’t it waterproof?
Will protected batteries do the same job?

1. Yup… protected batteries do same job but you can only use them to be on safe side.
2. I drop my unit in the water tank for about 10 minutes and find many drops inside the lens.
3. You activate torch with a single click on the button, not so good for the pocket or EDC.
4. Too many, not hidden blinks.

5. If M6 (didn’t receive mine yet) is alike M3… it isn’t so difficult to make a choice.

My 5 cents. :slight_smile:

My M6 is on par with the 3 M3’s I have for fit and finish. I would rather have the M6 over the A02 due to the UI, after all, the UI is how you use the light….

Is there a full review of this light up yet?

This is basically the 18650 version of the M3, the main difference is the machined shelf in this one vs a cartridge that is press fit into the M3, and a slightly higher output on the M6.

The UI is identical, the standby current is less than 10µA on both the M6 and M3.

If there is anything else you want to know, I have both, just ask…

Thanks for the fast reply.
Only other question would be how is the e-switch mounted on the driver?

One 5C ordered. Thanks!