ENEDED

Yeah the bezel closes fine with the newer longer optic. Its bizarre the whole thing makes no sense lol

Appears my S41 And S41s do not have the Exact parts as M4D M4X. Are those both current production? Pre-Production Samples?
S41 with the red MCPCB looks like my First S41. Second S41 had the White board. My S41S is slightly different too.

Left S41 You can clearly see the Legs do not align with slots in MCPCB, My guess is they attempted to have them sit on Top of the MCPCB but forgot to factor in the thickness of the emitter.
Right S41S with obvious bend in the Leg of optic and tight against the emitters. This has been apart for a couple days and has Not been reassembled. Bent legs are as I took it apart.

S41 slightly squeezed together.

S41S Slightly squeezed

And an obvious twist in the Leg from over tightening at the Factory.

While there were changes intended to improve the design it is still a flawed. Optic, IMO, the legs are too thin and there only being 2 legs. While sitting the optic on top of the emitters I can feel a slight squeak as the domes enter the holes. They are an interference fit, Zero clearance.

Sorry for the cell phone pics and poor lighting. I do not have a Photo Studio. And the Workin Man’s hands.

Lots of members asked us about S41S issues.

So we have to make a statement here:

S41S is not from Manker but a copy from someone else.

And it seems that something went wrong during their copy process.

We've made great progress on quality of Manker new products such as U21, E11, MK34, T01 II.

That seems to hold some truth, since I haven’t seen a single report about problems with the MK34 (not here, nor on: CPF, Taschenlampen or any other forum).

Maybe it’s time to release a new and improved E14 (Manker’s name of the S41)?
Maybe equip it with high CRI (>90) Nichia 219C and Bistro F/W?
Call it v2 (to differntiate it from the v1).

“Damage control”?
I just noticed that the S41S (both plain and colored) is/are no longer possible to order from BangGood. It says “Currently sold out”, but since they don’t even show up when you search for them; I wonder if they maybe are terminated, at least for the time being.

I really like the host and I’m toying with the idea of fully refurbing mine. It will be my 1st go at modding a flashlight though :innocent: I did post a vid as requested by BG, so I will wait and see what they come back with. I also have a S41 G2 that is showing signs of a dull LED so it could well be the 1st. The Manker E14 Mods post by CRX is a good one.

Banggood rep will make an announcement shortly. It is going to be good news for the affected parties.

Thats nice to hear. Thanks freeme.

looks like a bad optic design which crushed the leds.

I hope good news, mine is yet on the way… and I am worried about the light that arrives….

Got a response from banggood, looks like a very good solution, which doesn’t require us to open the bezel. They’re sending all new heads.

Got the same problem but mine is s41. I contacted banggood about a month ago and told me they will resend new s41 head but until now they keep telling it is out of stock. But on s41 product page it is always on stock so why can’t they just get the head off one of those and send that to me :person_facepalming:
I already waited a month and they still don’t send it to me. I think I should file a paypal dispute. Worst customer service ever.

Question is if they will send everyone a new head, or just to owners of the ones that are already broken?

Sending a new head is a the best solution I think. But I think only owners of broken LEDs/lenses will get a new head.

Its logical to produce new heads because this heads does not need a new paper box, spare O-Rings, Clips and so on.
If they would send the heads from complete flashlights, they had to put afterwards the new heads with the rest of the former complete flashlights together. And thats difficuilt in handling physicaly and in their shop-system.

Well after telling them to just get the head off from the complete s41, I just got a reply from banggood that they will immediately resend the new head. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm… I´m asking myself if they already have manufactured flawless new heads with proper optics that fit over the LEDs and not squeeze them… I thought they still are in the process of evaluating the problem… so if you get a new head it will probably have the same faulty setup?!?

EDIT: question: I already sent an email to cservice@banggood.com with the problem description as advised in the first post but did not get any reaction yet. Would it be helpful to additionally open a ticket in their ordering system or would that be more confusing?

K.

Getting the offer from BG for a new head replacement. Only way I consider it is if the new heads are built different, or the problem will reappear. Can they guarantee that?

Kudos to Nick (vwpieces) and mattjk for sharing their findings with us. Your information is going to help them to narrow down the problem, thus speeding up their investigation process. Let me think of a way to reward you guys Redesign and test will take sometime. Try not to rush them.

You received a faulty unit as well?

In the meantime i have ordered 10 219Cs from leds.de, the exchange rate is hammering me though. eek

Heres my new optics on the mcpcb, seems to have just the right gap as far as i can see ill be sure to screw it up carefully when i do

Came home today and found the (Nichia version) S41S waiting for me. I shot an unboxing video for liability reasons, and the light worked fine, no instant issues, it even passed the 30 seconds on turbo test. Looking closer however, still one of the Nichia domes is damaged, in the picture, taken on moon setting, you can see some debris and an edge of blue coming out under the phosfor. So I don’t trust this light a bit in actual use. I do hope that Banggood does replace all heads with a proper one, not just the ones that are severly damaged.

Oh, and the clip was bent, it took some effort to bend it back without damaging it.

It is a quite stunning light though, I really hope that the issues are resolved. It will look even better I think with the copper tarnished, so one of the things to do is strip the copper head and give it the blowtorch treatment to remove the coating.