ENEDED

What’s the size of the MPCB and optics?

PCB is 20mm, cant find replacements anywhere though.

Optic is here

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Manker-22mm-4-In-1-Lens-Flashlight-accessories-For-XPG-XPL-HI-Nichia-219/32681864226.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.q4BSq5

Can also confirm the blf a6 tube fits

Manker 22mm 4 In 1 Lens For XPG XPL HI Nichia 219

Banggood chose to contact the buyers individually instead.

Mine arrived…… :person_facepalming:

To keep this thread Clean for Freeme and focused on replacement heads.
I have created a separate thread to fixes and mods to the Defective head.

FIX your broken S41 S41S don’t throw it away

I’m somewhat glad i didn’t buy this light.
Now i understand why this topic (which i ignored because i didn’t buy one) still had so many new posts…
Who in a right mind would consider making / using an optic with 2 wobbly legs?? :person_facepalming:

Good thing they are solving the issue though. :+1:

(Anyone in EU want to send me a faulty head? :wink: )

On the contrary, after noting all the problems with building a light like this, I want one more than ever!
Anything worth having, doesn’t come easily. For my sake I’m glad I haven’t yet placed the order, but you can bet once this is all settled I will. I have 2 sitting in my cart ready to go.

Send complaint yesterday….
Received replies from Banggood today:
*Dear Sir:
We are sorry for the inconvenience that we caused.For the problem we knew it and we are going to resend you a new head to fix it.Please do not worried,the supplier have found a way to solve the technical mistake.
Would you like this solution?
best regards*

so for me it’s just to sit on the fence and waiting …. :wink:

I’ve bought a lot from Banggood over the years, the few times I had to complain about something, they have always quickly found a solution I was pleased with.

Between this light, the original the M02 BG/Astrolux are on a nice little roll of failures

Yes i also had an email this morning saying they hope to dispatch by next weekend… happy days…

Mine arrived yesterday, so far no issues with the one I received while recreating many of the conditions described on here. Hopefully that doesn’t change over time…

Just adding a comment to note that I received 2 in stainless/nichia and both arrived with a blue/damaged emitter.

I’ve submitted the form and also emailed customer service with pics, requesting the new head when ready.

Thanks for putting the form together and helping with all of this freeme, it is appreciated.

Thanks for your help freeme, and kudos to banggood for doing the right thing.

Ima sit and wait patiently for the replacement head.

Yes, thanks to freeme and Bandgood for the quick solution, this will cost the OEM manufacturer quite a bit of money, hope they learned their lesson…

I wouldn’t bet money on it…

Miffy ( :partying_face: ) from CS asked for the video :weary: :person_facepalming:

Explained that she’s not getting one :expressionless:

So is the problem fully debugged and understood now? Should those of us that received non-defective units feel comfortable that they will stay non-defective and not develop the problem down the road (whether from vibration, being dropped, or heat)?

That is a really good question.

Unless BangGood sends out the new and improved heads to everybody, they should offer an extended warranty and (at no cost) replace heads that develops faults in the future.

Personally I would be OK with an offer to supply the new and improved head at production cost to us with (for now) working lights.

Dear forum members,

I need your advice. I got a mail notification about S41S. I am afraid it is a lemon.
Should I pick it up and face my destiny, or it will be better to ignore all notifications and let it return to the sender, and ask for refund?