ENEDED

€dit:

please notice:

mine is an early sample - i saw the differences now also...

S41 optic on the left - S41S on the right

you see the cutouts are bigger in S41S so the legs would get no stand at all...

Those who opened it, is there a point in putting a new XPG2/XPG3 or Nichia?
Isn’t the problem the optical lens pushing on the LED lens that causing it to become blue?

You’re MCPCB looks different to the ones others who opened have. Theirs has a smaller hole for the TIR Lens.

Nice post mad max.

Why would they cut the legs off i wonder? The spare optics i have seem to have the longer legs on there which fit well as far as i can tell

But then the bezel will not close fully?

Yeah the bezel closes fine with the newer longer optic. Its bizarre the whole thing makes no sense lol

Appears my S41 And S41s do not have the Exact parts as M4D M4X. Are those both current production? Pre-Production Samples?
S41 with the red MCPCB looks like my First S41. Second S41 had the White board. My S41S is slightly different too.

Left S41 You can clearly see the Legs do not align with slots in MCPCB, My guess is they attempted to have them sit on Top of the MCPCB but forgot to factor in the thickness of the emitter.
Right S41S with obvious bend in the Leg of optic and tight against the emitters. This has been apart for a couple days and has Not been reassembled. Bent legs are as I took it apart.

S41 slightly squeezed together.

S41S Slightly squeezed

And an obvious twist in the Leg from over tightening at the Factory.

While there were changes intended to improve the design it is still a flawed. Optic, IMO, the legs are too thin and there only being 2 legs. While sitting the optic on top of the emitters I can feel a slight squeak as the domes enter the holes. They are an interference fit, Zero clearance.

Sorry for the cell phone pics and poor lighting. I do not have a Photo Studio. And the Workin Man’s hands.

Lots of members asked us about S41S issues.

So we have to make a statement here:

S41S is not from Manker but a copy from someone else.

And it seems that something went wrong during their copy process.

We've made great progress on quality of Manker new products such as U21, E11, MK34, T01 II.

That seems to hold some truth, since I haven’t seen a single report about problems with the MK34 (not here, nor on: CPF, Taschenlampen or any other forum).

Maybe it’s time to release a new and improved E14 (Manker’s name of the S41)?
Maybe equip it with high CRI (>90) Nichia 219C and Bistro F/W?
Call it v2 (to differntiate it from the v1).

“Damage control”?
I just noticed that the S41S (both plain and colored) is/are no longer possible to order from BangGood. It says “Currently sold out”, but since they don’t even show up when you search for them; I wonder if they maybe are terminated, at least for the time being.

I really like the host and I’m toying with the idea of fully refurbing mine. It will be my 1st go at modding a flashlight though :innocent: I did post a vid as requested by BG, so I will wait and see what they come back with. I also have a S41 G2 that is showing signs of a dull LED so it could well be the 1st. The Manker E14 Mods post by CRX is a good one.

Banggood rep will make an announcement shortly. It is going to be good news for the affected parties.

Thats nice to hear. Thanks freeme.

looks like a bad optic design which crushed the leds.

I hope good news, mine is yet on the way… and I am worried about the light that arrives….

Got a response from banggood, looks like a very good solution, which doesn’t require us to open the bezel. They’re sending all new heads.

Got the same problem but mine is s41. I contacted banggood about a month ago and told me they will resend new s41 head but until now they keep telling it is out of stock. But on s41 product page it is always on stock so why can’t they just get the head off one of those and send that to me :person_facepalming:
I already waited a month and they still don’t send it to me. I think I should file a paypal dispute. Worst customer service ever.

Question is if they will send everyone a new head, or just to owners of the ones that are already broken?

Sending a new head is a the best solution I think. But I think only owners of broken LEDs/lenses will get a new head.

Its logical to produce new heads because this heads does not need a new paper box, spare O-Rings, Clips and so on.
If they would send the heads from complete flashlights, they had to put afterwards the new heads with the rest of the former complete flashlights together. And thats difficuilt in handling physicaly and in their shop-system.

Well after telling them to just get the head off from the complete s41, I just got a reply from banggood that they will immediately resend the new head. :stuck_out_tongue: