ENEDED

I don’t wanna sound like a Debby Downer but if a seller tells you “There is a chance that it does not perform as you expected. Do NOT proceed if you are unwilling to accept such risk.” why even buy?

EDIT: Also what battery is under that rewrap??

Always wanted to buy a bright headlamp but never liked the idea of strapping a 18650 to my forehead, especially when it gets hot.

Thats why I stick to my black diamond storm.

Yep, that is exactly what he said, quoted above; he said it right up front too. :+1:

But you ask, “why even buy”?
Personally because I was willing to accept the risk, and hope it works as expected. The jury is still out on my two. I have not received them yet. And though it does not look good based on previous reports, time will tell if I personally was right or wrong. :wink:

Sure he got all the legality out of the way, don’t know it that is a + on him or a - on the buyers?

Also you and I would replace the battery with something better, like a NCR18650B or a 30Q.

But I get this feeling that this forum is becoming more of a …. just throw it on there they will buy it place.

I might be wrong hope I am but little things like USD instead of USB, that’s even low for Chinese standards.

Personally, I don’t see that either of your suggestions is correct.
He said this is what it is. No one was forced to buy anything.
And for you to insinuate it might be… “a ”” on the people who bought one” is somewhat laughable as far as I am concerned.
I bought one, no two; for the exact reason I told you. Nothing more, nothing less.
But I was not forced to do it and I had the “disclaimer” up front to see.
That is all……… :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong. I am in no way trying to “blame” or degrade freeme! He provides a great service to this forum that I am greatful for. However, when I read,“There is a chance that it does not perform as you expected. Do NOT proceed if you are unwilling to accept such risk.” I take that as meaning the fit and finish, beam tint, centering of led,etc… may not be up to your standards or level of quality you are used to, not that the product will be practically unusable out of the box. For that I blame Imalent. I just want others to know not to buy this product or any other by this manufacturer if this is the level of quality, or lack there of, we can expect from them. Shame on me for not fully understanding the risks. I guess you live and learn. I do look forward to future group buys and discounts from freeme!

I understand completely what you are saying ‘landinglight’, personally I see nothing wrong with anything you said.

In this I simply hoped for the best but really expected nothing…… :wink:

Edit: Just tracked mine and they snuck in today (9-28) and are waiting in the PO Box. Back soon……… :wink:

Well, I order two…. I picked them up from the PO Box about an hour ago.
Neither one of them flickers to this point, nor can I make either one flicker by trying to.

I have run each one on the battery that came with it as well as a fully charged Panasonic 18650B.
Each one has only been run for about 10 minutes total so far…. 5 minutes on each battery mentioned.

The included batteries each came with a 3.57Volt charge. They are on the Lii 500 right now and I am running a discharge capacity check (NOR Test). I’ll report back with the results.

I have not tried the “USD” charging yet, but I shall……… as well as report back on this cutting edge “USD” charging technology. :person_facepalming: :wink:

Actually, at this point; I am not disappointed at all with my two samples. The external fit & finish is just fine, LED is centered, the ‘User Manual’ is a full sheet of paper written & printed in readable English, and they both work correctly (so far anyway). What more could an old man ask for……… :wink: I think this was a “win” for me.

I do feel bad for you guys that have obvious problems, I hope that will be made right.

I will run them both to the point they heat up real good and make sure they are still stable at higher operating temperatures.
But so far so good……… :+1:

Oh yeah, the packet containing the pocket clip and extra orings was missing from one of the boxes. Oh well……… :wink:

If the flickering issue has been fixed with the latest batch, then I’m in for one. PM please if this deal is still going.

I am also interested IF the flickering issue has been solved. PM price please, anyone in the US got a spare that does not flicker and you might want to sell?

More pleasant surprises……
I ran the lights for more than an hour each, on high most of the time; running thru modes from high to low every few minutes or so. Both lights are stable at higher operating temperatures. No Flickering whatsoever.

Both batteries also tested above stated capacity at 2606 mAh & 2656 mAh respectfully.
Test was a discharge capacity test (NOR Test) done on a LiitoKala Lii 500 Charger. IR was 44 mR & 61 mR respectfully.
Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised with these results.

These lights were ordered 7 September and received 28 September. So probably part of batch #1???

Anyway, these are my results. I am more than pleased with what I have received for my money in this transaction.
YMMV
:slight_smile:

glad to hear some good news.
so the problem mostly on batch #2?

As far as I know, we have no idea how many “batches” have even been made.
I can only assume since I ordered mine a week after this opened it would be from the same “batch” as everyone else’s. BUT, let me stress; I have no earthly idea about this.

Wait, I just remembered and found this……. (post #128 _ Fri, 09/02/2016 - 10:09)

Sooooo, it would indeed appear my two lights are from another batch.
But I have no idea if this is a ‘manufacturing’ or ‘re-stock’ “batch.
When I got my code from ‘freeme’ I was asked/told there wold be a short wait before they were back in stock.

‘freeme’ can speak to this question about “batches” to a much more degree of authority than any of us can, myself included.

All I can speak to with certainty is this:

• Ordered ………………………7 September
  • Left warehouse in China…… 9 September
  • Received by me…………… 28 September

I can also speak to this. My two work perfectly to this point. They have been tested by me as described in the posts above.
:slight_smile:

That is in fact a good question about the “batches” !

My HR20 arrived two days ago and works like a charm. No flickering at all.
I´d really like to order a second one (asked for another code already. Got none yet) but please have it from the “none flickering batch”. :blush:

Sorry prepro but HR20 does have flash modes !!

Long press on/off switch will bring you to the flash modes. Another long press changes to next flash mode. Flash mode always starts with strobe. Next is SOS followed by beacon. Short press will switch off the HR20 from any mode. “Volume control” does work on the flash modes as well ! Cannot remember any flashlight that does this.

Hmm. Interested.

The pictures above by ‘coolriku’ are great and show us a lot inside the HR20.

The picture below are not that great (oh well… :person_facepalming: … :wink: .) but they do show us some of what is underneath the Rotary Switch Cap.

Rotary Switch Cap

Inside Rotary Switch & Board

Rotary Switch, Board, & Cap

Rotary Switch Cap & USB Cord

Your a smart man ‘RobertB’!!! :+1:

After seeing, studying, and thinking about how the Rotary Switch Cap is / is supposed to be attached to the Rotary Switch………. I am thinking it would leak & leak badly. :person_facepalming:

Even though both of my HR20’s work just fine & I am pleased with them, I think they would leak like a sieve around the Rotary Switch Cap.
Even if the USB rubber cap was glued shut, there is no way this thing could be submerged even in a glass of water the way I see it. Much less be submerged 2 Meters.
I would be surprised if they were even very water resistant in the Switch Cap area.

Let me make it clear I am only speaking of the Rotary Switch area.

In addition to my observations, consider the below:
Notice how you wrote the IP code ‘RobertB’………………… IPX8
Notice below how it is written on the HR20 box & UM ……. IPX-8

HR20 Box & UM Specs

There are no hyphens in a genuine IP code. IPX-8 (for example) is thus a false IP code.” / reference to quote

Anyway, it is what it is. Mine don’t flicker……… :wink:

Teacher, how did you get the rotary switch cap off? I’m thinking I might be able to loosen/lube the ring.

That, is a great question ‘peteybaby’!! :+1: Now, ya’ get “the rest of the story”…………. :beer:

I can honestly take no credit what so ever, it came off on it’s own… :person_facepalming: . Sad, but true. :wink:

I had run the battery down a bit doing all the “testing for flickering” things I had spoke of earlier, so I decided to use the USB charging feature. Plugged it in and though it was slow as expected, it worked just fine. Red lights when charging and green when finished… worked like a charm.

I went to unplug the USB cord from the light and when I did, the Rotary Switch Cap came off with it. :person_facepalming:
I kid you not. It looked just like the picture above of the Cap & USB Cord.

I was somewhat shocked to say the least, I think I even said … “oh shoot”. :innocent:

Anyway, I got to studying it after that and the way the Cap attaches is a tiny bit of some kind of glue at the spot it friction fits around the two screw heads you can see. The light still works just fine with or without the Cap.

From what can be seen right now… there is nothing to tighten, loosen, or lube. I thought about taking the board loose to see what is under it, but have not decided to do that yet. That might put me deeper in than I want to be.

I think I have figured out a better way to hold the Cap on though… better than this one was held on anyway.

price please, thanks