ENEDED

Ordered 219c

So can we use flat tops in this or does it have to be button top?

Nichia version ordered. Thanks a lot.

You explained it perfectly. I am relatively new to the hobby and naturally liked the cooler tints because of the WOW factor. But yea, now I am realizing how much I actually like the color rendering of the warmer tints. I still might cancel the xpg3 order and change it to Nichia…I am giving myself until tonight to decide haha

I’m interested in buying this. Please add me to the list.

I can’t stand cool white or neutral white with low CRI, except a very few exception for flashlights I know I will not use much, for example pure thrower with minimal spill…nichia 219 ordered indeed.
Will probably reflow a few warmer nichia 219C as I don’t like much the ones astrolux is using for the S41 (ordered this month) that looks closer to CW than NW. Don’t know if it is possible if Vf aren’t in the same close range, anyway…
Thanks a lot freeme for the great GB price.

Is the UI going to change? From your first post it looks very similar to the S42 UI which bugs the hell outta me. If there’s direct access to turbo and one short click to turn off…that would be great.

Different. The worst part of S42 UI is not being able to switch off from lowest mode.

I will update my diagram in a day.

Very nice! thanks for the update.

The s42 has more problems than that. Hold to turn off is a definite deal breaker. Also there is the problem with it’s really slow mode changing.

This light was improved with prototypes send to BLF members that found some issues
as well inspected and tested by banggood including measuerements in a spehere

lets hope the final product comes out with a good UI and build

waiting for first review of the production lights

There will be no dealbusting issues with this light than with the S42

and the price to value is extreemly good for this light, in the past such lights sold for 3 times more

You can easily find 219B or C emitters for $4, - each. Multiply that with 18 emitters and you get $72,-
That’s 72 bucks for only the emitters… :smiley:

Are the lumens realistic / authentic?

Is this only such a small difference between the both types of emitters?

I think the spacing of the brightnes levels is not fitting. The xp-g3 is alternating brighter and darker as the 219c, by comparing the same brightnes levels.

Yea I am curious myself as to why the XP-G3 is only about 4-5% brighter than the Nichia 219c……anyone have a reasonable explanation for this?

One nichia ordered, thanks freeme.

They added double click to turbo and triple click to tactical strobe. If tactical strobe is 12000 lumens it’s going to be pretty impressive.

They also added a step down to 2500 lumens if the temp rises above 60C. I hope the 2500 lumen level winds up in the user menu, it would probably be the level I use the most.

Interested in groupbuy, please add me to the list.

PM received! Nichia version ordered. Thanks

Order one Nichia 219c, thanks Freeme.