ENEDED

I’m curious how many orders have been placed for the light?? Is this information you can share with us?

Haha, just to make things clear, I am not a working staff of any of my supported vendors. I do get a bit of the insider stories at times because i have partnered with them long enough.

BangGood calls everything that’s not physically in a warehouse “back order”, regardless whether it’s “preorder” or “out of stock”.

hmm that is also my assumption.

I’m curious: What is the ratio of orders for XP-G3 versus 219C?

Ok, but what do you mean when you say that you need to get another few thousand LEDs?

Will find out from them.

Mateminco MT18 (aka. ASTROLUX MF-01) xpg3 vs. Nichia
All pictures below: Nichia (1st)/ Xpg3 (2nd)
you can see better CRI on Nichia

XPG3 has more lumen output

Xpg3 has little more throw (look the tree behind the gate)

photo credit: 我家生意兴隆

Hmm…. are we buying in separate groups?
The list is updated on July, 25th (pretty long ago…) and i see some people got the code already.
I didn’t yet .

Those both look really good. I’d have been happy with either it looks like.

Nice pics! I cancelled my order direct with Banggood at the pre-release special price, and used the freeme code to order another at the $5 better price. Changed from 219C to XPG3.

Nice cant wait! :nerd_face:

I wonder about those 12,000 Lumen? Let’s say astrolux s 42 times 4.5 and we have 18 led with about 9000 lumens?
I ordered versions of nichia :slight_smile:

Is this “THE” light to buy right now? I’m looking for a new lumen monster, and this seems like a great fit. What do you all think about it?

well, you have 18 ~8W LEDs that give out 325 lm each at 700mA - but you can drive them up top 2.4Amps each - which gives ~780Lm per LED.
So 780 * 18 = 14.040Lm without driving the LEDs on their maximum current.

215 Pre-orders

Astrolux has had some quality issues in the past, but for the money…
Just the LEDs for the price are under 4$ each, so, even if the light is crap you have a decent price on the LEDs itself :smiley:

It’s one of them. There’s also the Utorch UT03 which is coming out soon. It’s 9,000 lumen now and the production model is supposed to be 10,000 lumen.

GB prices are about the same.

MF01 is 18x xp-g3 with tir lense.

UT03 is 3x xhp70 with OP reflector.

So you have major differences in color and beam pattern. This is probably the deciding factor.

I forgot you asked for opinions. I’ve got a 7x xpg2 light with tir lense (DQG tiny), and don’t really care for the color and lack of spill. I’ve also got 2 xhp70 lights with reflectors (in my sig) and definitely prefer that color and beam pattern. So I’m preferring the UT03.

Currently, the UT03 also seems to have the better UI, but Astrolux say they will increase the 4 brightness levels to 5 and make other UI improvements on the MF01. So production versions of each lights UI might end up pretty similar. We’ll have to wait and see.

Please could i have a code. I think i’ll order an XP-G3.

Thanks for everyone’s hard work on the GB :smiley:

I am curious to see if the XP-G3 versions actually ship out on the 25th!!!

I was gonna do UT03, but I didn’t want cool white. I’d still prefer more brightness modes, but with 5 instead of 4 modes I went MF-01 with 219Cs.
I can get a floodier beam with some diffusion film or a little DIYing.

Both lights should be available in CW and NW.

I’ve tried diffusion film, but it reduces the output a lot.