ENEDED

Still very much near the beginning of exploring this world of flashlights and li ion batteries.

Though I wouldnt mind learning a thing or 2 about theory and function along the way…my biggest motivation is safety and proper care.

I saw in this thread that battery configuration is 2S2P. How will the cells discharge during use? Is discharge equal among all 4 or will I need to pay extra attention and charge and reuse with any “extra” care?

I ordered the light w/Nichia and 4 30Q button tops on 8/14.
The batteries arrived today,the light is now back ordered.

The light will draw it’s load from the cells equally in theory. When dealing with multi cell lights it’s important that you start with 4 cells of the exact same type. Same brand, model, size, age, number of cycles on them, ect… Then you “marry” them together meaning you always use them as a 4 piece set. Then you should have equal discharge among the cells for a long time. You still want to check each cells voltage before you charge them to make sure they are the same. If so, then they are still good.

I don’t know exactly how dangerous it is tossing in 4 misc cells. Maybe someone can comment on that.

In series worst case is a battery with lower resistance drops below what is safe, 2.5volts or lower, and damage occurs when the battery behind it of a higher voltage begins to charge it up.

The risk is still present when using parallel, but there is more leeway to my understanding.

Today’s shipping time? Fingers crossed

hope so :+1:

I don’ t think so.I just read in BG site, Coming soon. :person_facepalming:

"in stock" now for the XP-G3, Sep 9th for the 219C.

You are wright,I saw it in BG as well. :slight_smile:

I hope they get some Nichias and just show that 9th because they are already out of stock…
It’s really painful to wait :C

LOL the pain is almost unbearable for me :smiley:

Ok, my XP-G3 shipped!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ve seen enough horror stories and close calls to start off with the best habits I can. Cells and chargers from trusted and proven sellers/makers, and each multi cell light has a married set and a backup set (where desired). I have 8 shiny new 30Q’s charged up (@70%) and dying for a place to call home…can’t wait to interview and play with the prospective adopters… Q8 and MF-01 :slight_smile:

Same

Hope its about 10 days like most of my priority shipments from banggood to NJ are

via the MF-01 product page:

Since, I ordered the 219C, I’m a bit bummed out by this delay. However, I am very impressed by BG’s commitment to quality and quick customer service.

The wait continues…

i hope it is worth the wait :person_facepalming:
I am too waiting for Nichia version.

Mine too. :slight_smile:

My XP-G3 shipped too!

Feels bad to be on the Nichia slow boat, but hopefully I get to see some cool reviews and pictures before I get mine.