ENEDED

I did not know the circumstances. Thank you JasonWW.

as someone else posted in the other group

^ On the positive side, you should have better mode spacing now… :stuck_out_tongue:

So what are the details?

Is that a stock driver?

In Lexels review the driver was basically 3 drivers combined on a single pcb. In the video, where only 2 banks of leds working on the lowest level then all 3 banks work on the other 4 levels?

As far as problems go, that one’s not so bad. Still usable. I wonder how Banggood will try and correct this.

I’m more concerned whether it will not get worse over time, and whether this is an isolated case or not. Honestly, this does not inspire confidence. There are only a few lights delivered so far, and there is already a flawed sample…

Even though in Charles BridgTecs video it looks like protected cells will fit, Lexel says that they wont. Maybe the battery carrier length was extended a tiny bit from prototype to production unit? I think so. Lexels 30q unprotected cells compress the springs almost fully. Charles LG HG2 unprotected cells seem to have much less spring compression.

It may be best to stick with unprotected cells. That way you know they fit and you’ll get full power from the light.

Received Nichia model today. So far…works well. Quite well built. Nice tint profile. Has a great feel to it. I made certain to place cell carrier side 1 towards head and used fresh BT 30Q. I am very satisfied and will use later tonight. XPG3 should arrive soon.

Yeah, but I do feel a lot better knowing that the driver can be replaced with one running narsil. So the worst case scenario is you spend another $25 or so and get an upgraded driver. Your still less than the retail price of $109.

The lights that worry me are the ones that are not easy to fix, like an Imalent DT70 for example. It’s way more expensive and I don’t think anyone makes a driver for it. If it goes out your really screwed. The MF01, I’m not worried, only mildly concerned.

True. I’ve got an DOA Haikelite MT02. They’re sending me a new driver. Easy fix. :partying_face:
I just don’t have a lot of soldering experience. The three sets of wires to the led board seems like a pita to me.

Edit: this kind of easy access to repair makes a light so much more attractive.

I just noticed that one set of LEDs in my light is slightly less bright than the other two on the lowest level. Not much (nowhere near as bad as in the video), but it’s definitely noticeable.

I wish all companies would be willing to offer replacement drivers. Sadly not all do.

I’d be impressed if Astrolux would send that fellow a new driver. Assuming he can solder, it would be an easy swap. I won’t be worried about buying their products then.

I’m interested in the MF02, but that one uses a 12 volt xhp35 so there is no narsil driver available for it. I would hesitate to buy it if more defective mf01 get reported. If they offered a replacement driver for that model, if you got a bad one, then I’d get it for sure.

As you might guess, all my lights are either Convoy, Eagle Eye or custom built. I can get new drivers for all of them. :+1:

What battery voltage is that at? Lower voltage or fully charged? Maybe that makes a difference.

It makes sense that Banggood would offer sending a driver only. Sending a driver only is much cheaper than sending the light to China and back. In the DOA period of three days, Banggood is also paying shipping to China…

Generally, you have sample to sample variation of output with lights. Since the MF01 has three independent drivers, it makes sense that you could get different outputs of the three sets of leds. Too bad if it is really noticeable though…

I was under the impression banggood had no way to receive lights for warranty work. They either offered partial or full refunds.

Do banggood allow lights to be shipped back to china?

Brand new Samsung 30Q, fully charged to 4.21V.

The difference in output is actually larger than I first thought:

Really hoping that it won’t get any worse! :open_mouth:

I assume Banggood will ship it to the manufacturer.
According to Banggood: Only high value products need to be returned. High value is determined by our service team and is usually an item around $70 or more. If it is not high value then you do not need to return it and can keep the faulty product.

This makes sense. I asked whether the MF01 needs to be returned in case of DOA, but I didn’t get a defined answer: it was dependent on the type of failure or something…

Is the code available?

Which version do you have, 219c or xpg3?

The Nichia version.

I noticed something else that’s strange. When I screw on the head and the breathing light comes on, the light works fine (apart from the sets of LEDs having different output levels in low mode). But at that point the engravings on the tube aren’t aligned with the switch and tripod mount. If I tighten the head by another 20° or so, so that everything is aligned nicely, the light flickers in all modes or shuts off completely. And the red battery indicator comes on after a few seconds in turbo mode. But when I loosen the head again, the flickering disappears and the switch stays green in turbo.

Not sure what to make of all this.