ENEDED

Is it my imagination or does that nichia 219c actually look cooler than the cool white xpg3?

NEW REVIEW UP ON YOUTUBE! So freaking sweet

Hey, it’s got the breathing switch led like a lot of Manker lights have.

Can anyone confirm if I use say a Samsung 30Q button top, I should be using unprotected cells with this light?

Yes, most folks will be using unprotected cells.

You can also use protected cells, but they tend to reduce the max output. Make sure the output current of the protected cell is fairly high.

You can use flat top cells as well if you don’t mind removing the plastic rings that protect from accidental reverse polarity.

You can keep the rings and still use flat tops if you add solder blobs to the cells.

uhm oh, but you know, astrolux has some bad things about thier light, recently it’s their astrolux s42

Can someone who got the light advise about the UI of moonlight mode ? Thank you.

Regards,

The new MF01 and MF02 are not built by Manker. They share their design with Mateminco. It’s all a bit confusing, but so far their have not been any bad reports of this light.

Cool I love breathing mode :slight_smile:

I don’t think this light has a moon light mode. The lowest level is rated at 100 lumen, but looks a bit less than that to me in Charles video.

nope, not anymore, manker stopped cooperating with astrolux since s41( they said)

more info here

mine only just showing on the tracking info, it is not even shipping yet.
Enjoy your light guys mine will be in my hand in a month! :person_facepalming:

Sanyo GA , 35E , MJ1 > OK
VCT6 , 30Q , HG2 > Nice
Imalent 3000mA > perfect!
You can use flat top cells because edge of plastic will get into the small gap around flat top.
mine estimated XPG3 tested with Imalent 3000mA @4.1V
LV 1 : less than 100LM
LV 2 : 850LM
LV 3 : 1650LM
LV 4 : 6100LM
LV 5 : 12,000LM 54,000cd

maybe time to put Lexel’s TA Driver in it.

Okay, I’ll retract what I said earlier.

It seems that Banggood’s manufacturer makes the Mateminco labeled version of this light for the Chinese market at a lower standard and lower price (I think around $50?).

Then they make the Astrolux labeled version for the international market with changes that give it a higher standard and higher price ($70).

To me it would be smarter for Banggood to not use the Astrolux name any more as it has a bad reputation in the past. Maybe make up a new name, but they seem to have their reasons to keep using “Astrolux”.

I have no interest in TIR lights so I will not be buying this one, bit the MF02 looks more appealing. I will be judging these two lights based on current info and reviews and not based on old reputations.

I wish I could do the same for Imalent, but every light they make has issues. Arg! Lol

The driver for this light looks pretty unique. Lexel may have to come up with a whole new pcb design. Eventually we’ll find out its driver dimensions and get a good look at it once some one takes their new MF01 apart.

yeah i am definately in for one, NarsilM on this light is awesome.
i think steel_1024 already done it.

No direct access to low unless it’s in memory.

Press and hold from off is electronic lock out.

That’s the only negative I have found when using this. But for the price it’s not something I’ll bitch about. Direct access to low isn’t worth paying twice as much for!

surely a cool white is xpg3.
219C is Yellow look pale white.
Only the peripheral part has green color. If it does not bother you may also have xpg3.

My Hope :smiley:

Ironically, even a $400 MSRP Nitecore is not able to do that (TM26/28).