ENEDED

It is just delivered to me.Super bright.Money well spent. :smiley:

Thanks for clarifying. As I said Iā€™m pretty much a noob when it comes to electrical stuff, but Iā€™m always happy to learn something new.

Currently topping up my cells - not got anyone to help me right now, but with my tripod and some electrical tape to hold the carrier inside the tube it might work.

Just one more thing I was wondering about - when you say the voltage might drop to 3.7 or 3.8V, I assume you mean per cell (i.e. a drop of 0.4-0.5V from the initial 4.2V)? So, since turbo mode doesnā€™t work below 3.4V, does that mean that with an assumed sag of 0.5V I wouldnā€™t be able to activate turbo once the batteries are charged below 3.9V?

I think Iā€™ll need to leave it to someone else to find out the voltage sag. I canā€™t even get the light to work with the tail cap off.

It seems that exactly the right amount of pressure is needed to push the carrier into the body. Not enough, and there is no proper contact. Too much, and the light flickers or doesnā€™t work at all.

Received my XP-G3 today and it seems to work well with flat top HG2.
These HG2 work well with my Meteor but they are not absolute flat tops like Samsung 25R which did not work.Absolute flat tops work if those protective rings are removed.

I ordered those 30Q cells with protective box from Banggood which were delivered pretty fast and was planning to order some more but now BG decided once again not to deliver even in a protected box!?

I was planning to order these as they are well priced and seem not to be absolute flat tops so they should work:
LiitoKala lii-30A HG2

Yeah, I meant per cell. I should have said it might drop from 8.4 to 7 something volts because that is what your meter will read.

Your correct that if the per cell drop is .5v under turbo then cells at 3.9 might not activate turbo.

There are other factors as well. Some cells sag more than others under heavy load, etcā€¦ Iā€™m sure someone with a particular cell, like 30Q, will keep using turbo until it doesnā€™t work, then check the battery voltage and weā€™ll have a better idea of that cut off point.

This light uses a lot of power and even 4 18650 wonā€™t keep turbo going forever.

Does anyone know the wattage this light draws? 100? 120?

Nevermind, I looked at Lexels review again. With 30Q cells charged to 4.15v he measured the voltage drop from 8.3v to 7.66 volts. Putting out 120 watts. Thatā€™s a lot of heat right there. Lol

So thatā€™s a per cell drop from 4.15 to 3.83 volt or 0.32v. Thatā€™s not bad. Those are strong batteries.

120Wā€¦ so nice :smiley:

Just remember back a few years when the XR-E was the ducks guts with their 250Lm or soā€¦
Or the very first Skyray Kingsā€¦ 3 XM-L or even 4! So massively brightā€¦

I skipped past those days. I went straight from a 2D Maglite with the incandescent bulb swapped to the Maglite led. Really weak, but the NiMH cells were pretty decent. Took all day to charge them at .100 amp. I said screw that, thereā€™s gotta be something better. Hey, a new light called the L6, thatā€™s a looker. Then I got it and Pow! Iā€™ve never seen such light from a flashlight. Lol Then I got hooked.

Back in 2013, a pair of protected NCR18650B cost $21... Premium cells Sony VTC6 only cost $20 for 4 pieces now!

My 4 very first NCR18650B with protection cost me I think 32$ - and that was cheap back then.
Now you get 4 30Q for 15$ :stuck_out_tongue:
But I still have them and they work as needed.
Just need to stock up on 30Qs for upcoming 10K+ Lm lightsā€¦

I finally have a tracking number - but tracking only works when the light gets into germany and to the carrier.
Great.
At least I will know like 2 days before I get the light :confused:

Try using TrackChecker,it is the best for finding shipments!
TrackChecker (en)
http://www.trackchecker.net/

PackageRadar is pretty good too!
https://packageradar.com/

Tracking codes usually should work the whole way.It usually comes down finding the right carrier.

So if my DMM showed the resting level of the batteries at 4.06 after activating turbo, that means the red warning light must have kicked in at around 3.75 - 3.8V. That makes sense if the mode no longer works below 3.6V.

I noticed though that it took about 10 seconds in turbo mode for the red light to come on. Does that mean that the voltage sag is gradual? How long does it take to reach its maximum?

[quote=adsum]

Nope. 17Track doesnā€™t know it either.
Itā€™s a Hermes (like DHL but cheaper and worse) number - I donā€™t know why BG uses that carrier, I would have liked PostNL moreā€¦

It is here. It arrived in 9 days.
2017-09-13 09:25 Item out for delivery
2017-09-12 19:44 OTTAWA Item in transit
2017-09-12 17:15 OTTAWA Item processed
2017-09-10 18:47 MISSISSAUGA Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.
2017-09-10 18:47 MISSISSAUGA Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2017-09-03 23:58 CNXMND,China International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Canada 2017-09-03 18:24 362299,China International item mailed in originating country
2017-09-13 09:25 Canada Arrive at the delivery office
2017-09-10 18:47 Canada submit to the custom
2017-09-10 18:47 Canada Arrival processing center, from China
China 2017-09-03 18:24 Quanzhou City Jinjiang City Express logistics branch of the international business has been received by the station (embrace the driver name: Xu Huasheng, Tel: 15392077080)

I am charging my Samsung INR18650-30Q and will put a little video up tonight after 11PM Est.

[quote=L4M4]

They have listed Hermes at their info page as number 043 herm Hermes PrivatPaketService if thats what you seek.
http://www.trackchecker.net/info/supported_servs
When you add the tracking number add the carrier manually from the list and it should work.

Many times you have to manually add some of lesser known carriers to TrackChecker so it may take some tweaking but it supports the largest list of carriers I know of.

My fedex updated to being delivered Saturday while Iā€™m gone for the weekendā€¦. disappointment. I have something to look forward to though.

Mine was delivered yesterday. Shame there is a small scratch or crack on the lens, otherwise itā€™s a great light.

The red light is not supposed to come on until the batteries drop to 6.8v which is 3.4v per cell.

Iā€™m sure the voltage sag is gradual, but I donā€™t know at what rate. Itā€™s like the battery voltage in your car when its low and your cranking the engine. With the ignition on, the interior lights are bright, but when you put that heavy cranking load on the starter you see the lights dim and the cranking speed of the engine gets slower and slower until it canā€™t crank over any more. The heavy load makes the voltage drop. Then when you stop cranking, the load is removed and the voltage goes back up and the lights get bright again.

Just got in from my nightly flashlight walk.Trying out my new MF-01.Hugely impressive.The flood right down to my feet was excellent.I was really impressed with the throw.I does get warm but not to hot to hold.
When I got back in house and put the batteries in the charger.I found that the light was only running on 2 batteries.I had all four in the holder and they were placed in correctly.I wonder what happened.
I was using Samsung 18650 30Q.

OK, so I guess that means that either the voltage dropped by at least 0.66V (which I believe is unlikely?), or the warning kicks in too early.

It will be interesting to read about other peopleā€™s experiences once theyā€™ve received their lights.