ENEDED

It felt like unboxing a huge iphone when i got my sample. I am sure you enjoyed your unboxing moment too.

Remember to set your cam on tripod!

Thanks!

Yes, I was being lazy and used my tablet. Should hopefully get some nice beamshots with my DSLR later on when I walk my dog - obviously I’ll have my tripod with me then :slight_smile:

EDIT: Someone else will have to measure the current draw. Just tried with my cheap DMM on the 10A setting, and the display just showed ‘1’ before the contacts got so hot that I had to let go!

I think Lexel had to run a special wire loop out of the back of the carrier to use his clamp meter to measure the amp draw on the MF01. So I really don’t know of any easy way to measure it. No worries, though. Thanks for trying.

interested

I am interested. Too late to get a code?

Clicky clicky here for beamshots

:+1:

I’m interested also if I am not to late.

Got mine too. It’s CW, but not as cool as they specify. Mine is about 5800K on low.

Runtime tests underway. Doesn’t heat up very fast, steps down at 7 minutes on turbo at about 50°C surface temp. Makes that annoying clicking sound from the heat expansion.

Nice, are you planning to review it? I think most folks just want to know if it comes close to the listed specs or if it performs just like the Mateminco MT35.

Yes, banggood sent me a sample to review. Doing runtime tests atm.

In room temp without external cooling, it steps down to 60% of initial output at 7 minutes.

Interested in NW, please send code

thanks

NW for me as well, please.

And unfortunately my light didn’t come with the screw-in tripod thing, like the MF-01 did. Is it possible to get that, or is it a standard component that I can get anywhere?

On mine it was attached to the shoulder strap connection loop.

Nothing there - the only items in the little bag were the attachment for the sling, the sling / shoulder strap itself, and a spare o-ring. But no tripod connector.

Got a track # for mine, seem to have been shipped with DHL singapore, but that’s also all the number give me so inclined to think its actually just shipped today

all track # say are 2017-12-08 09:16 SINGAPORE-SGP, Shipment information received

Sadly this mean i will get fleeced as that’s the norm with DHL, so i fear the flashlight will end up costing me a additional 25 USD at the least

I just went to take more beamshots (which somehow all turned out blurred), and unfortunately now the light can no longer be turned off without twisting the tailcap. A long press only activates a slightly-lower-than-low mode.

When I unscrewed the tail cap to take out the batteries, one of the small discs (the + contact) dropped out, and it looks like it had become unscrewed from the carrier. I tightened the screws on both ends, but it’s still not working properly, and sometimes the light refuses to come out of low mode at all. I also tried it with the battery carrier (and batteries) from the MF-01, but with the same result.

Unfortunately, one of the clips of the shoulder strap has broken, as well… :frowning:

Sorry you have to deal with that. First light out of the gate with these issues. Sad

I don’t remember there being any discs that screwed into the carrier. Are you talking about the ones that are soldered in? It was mentioned on the MF01 thread that those discs were not soldered very well and it was fixed by heating it up and soldering it back in place.

If you can’t solder than they can probably replace that battery carrier under warranty.

It also sounds like there is still an issue with the driver or a bad ground or something. You might try loosening the driver ring (or screws, we have not seen this lights internals) and poke around. Then put it back together. Sometimes that can get things working.

Hopefully this is not going to be a big issue requiring the light to be replaced.

I’ve just requested a refund. I will buy again if it is confirmed good.