ENEDED

New reflector prototype just sent in for electroplating about 12hrs ago. Hoping they will push pass 1.4km this round.

Even just 2 mm larger OD must ( not a math wizz kid ) translate to a healthy 1 up on the size of reflecting surface.

I think the goal is to move the reflector surface as far away from the light source as possible which effectively makes the emitter size smaller and you end up with better reflecting angles for a more concentrated beam/less corona.

Might not be the GT, but i am sure this will still scare most normal people.
I am myself bypassing the GT as it is too much of a good thing.

Hell the U21 of mine scared a couple of cops that’s used to much less from their similar sized torch costing 4 X more ( assuming that prize as government spending taxpayer money never seem to be done by due diligence )

I will not be the one complaining if the “light-saber” part get a 1 up :wink: its the only means of self defense for us little Danes.

Hi guys. I would like to ask you. As JasonWW recommendation I am very interested in ASTROLUX MF-02. But, I do not understand, what is the difference between order on Banggood Astrolux MF02 XHP35 HI 3000LM CW Long-range Searching LED Taschenlampe 1587M Sale - Banggood Deutschland and adding me in this group. There will be some better price, or what? Could you please explain me this? Thank you very much.

As I also good understand, nobody have this light yet. Is not this as “Cat in the air”?

If you say here you are interested, you will be added to the list. Then when the light comes out Freeme will send you his special coupon code that will lower the price more than the pre-order price. Plus he will help you if you have any warranty issues.

The sister light of the Astrolux MF02 is called the Mateminco MT35. That light has been tested and does not meet the very high specs it was given. Mateminco MT35 (Astrolux MF02) Beamshots and Throw Measure

It’s possible the Astrolux version might be different, like higher output from the emitter, but we can’t say for sure until it comes out and is tested.

Interested!

Do you know somebody, how many Ampers it will take from batteries? I have good choice to buy Samsung batteries INR18650-35E, with capacity 3500 mAh, with constant discharge current 8 A and 13 A peak. It is 500 mAh more capacity as recomended. Samsung 30Q, but less peak discharge current. Will it be enough? Somewhere I read, that the light will take only 4 Ampers.

If the emitter is only going to put out 2A at 12v with the 2S2P battery carrier, plus using a boost driver then each of the 4 cells might see 2.5A (2A plus a bit extra for driver efficiency). With only 2 cells in the carrier, the load will be about 5A each max.

There is no need for high drain cells on this light.

Interested.

I am interested for one!

Also interested!

530,000cd/1456m was achieved with 2.6A.

With the new reflector?

Yup.

Then they achieved their goal by beating the Manker MK35 XHP35 HI 2550lm 1420m.

And whats the number of lumen?

Hi at 2A and turbo at 2.6A with thermal stepdown (Not timed stepdown) and put the real specs on the box.

Then I would happily buy that flashlight.
Well I would still buy that flashlight if they didn’t change the specs on the box because you just told me how it performs, I’m just really tired with manufacturers that write better specs on the box then it actually performs. That only makes me not want to buy that brand again.

Almost half the price of the Manker MK35 with comparable performance, that’s a great buy.

Nice, so it’s actually going to be different than its sister light. I had my doubts.

Yeah pretty sweet.

Maybe i get a #2 one and strip them down so i can use them as high beams on my car, got a programmable BEC that can take a 20 A load.

Maybe gimbal them with a couple of servos so i can steer them into the eyes of the oncoming cars blinding me with their illegal use of fog light.
Then i can be the “dont go in a lumen fight with that guy” driver, and give all the idiots a taste of their own medicine X 10 cuz i dont BS around. :smiley: