ENEDED

I think you are set up to measure lumens and throw - that's the main thing I'm interested in. The throw # they are spec'ing doesn't make sense to me - how can it out throw a TN42 that has a significantly larger reflector I.D. and great optics? If it does a true 2,700 lumens, then they are probably driving the LED at higher amps, but you can only get so much more throw, and to get 2,700 they have to be pushing that LED hard.

It's actually great you have a TN42 because that's the light it's best to compare with.

Been look'n, can't find it - did you review the TN42? What are your numbers on it?

I haven’t reviewed the TN42. I got 1800 lumens and somewhere around 700kcd from the NW version, but I’ll remeasure it with the new setup for the MF02 review.

Yep, that sounds about right, maybe a little lower than what others reported.

Interested in the group buy. Kindly add me. Thanks

:+1:
I look forward to it. Thanks in advance.

It’s the NW emitter , i guess that’s the reason .

Just think'n, wouldn't it be really cool to get DEL's GT buck driver in this light? So if it's true 4S cells, and a SRK size driver, would be about a perfect upgrade - controlling the amps for a XHP35 HI, or dedomed XHP 35, perfect regulated control - no visible PWM's, and the full NarsilM capability -- awesome!

Too bad they didn't pursue this with us to begin with - a DEL designed GT buck driver would have been great in this light for production!

Oh well...

There was discussion earlier in this thread that the final price would be $111.00 and that seems like a fair price for a light with the performance specs listed. I paid the $14.00 earlier to get into the group buy.and now have the opportunity to preorder for $84.00 so final price is $98.00. Is the price going to be lower later when the group buy will be effective? Or should I go ahead and pre order now for $84.00? Thanks.

What $14?

Crossing over between two deals goin on - the MF-02 (this one) and the BLF GT...

I think for this light, we have to wait for freeme/BG to when the GB deal gets a green light - don't do anything yet, just sign up if you aren't already.

I thought this MF02 was the same light as the BLF GT “Giggles” ?.?.
So two different lights? Two deals with a bigtime thrower. I got confused cause they are pretty much both a large long thrower. So on this preorder, does anyone know when they will make delivery?

These are very different lights with very different performance and very different UIs. And actually very different price too. Hopefully not very different build quality though. :wink:

Yes, two very different lights, both XHP35 HI throwers, MF-02 smaller, GT way bigger. The GT should have bout twice the kcd.

BG shipped me a review sample I hope it arrives soon

If yo have seen the Giggles video you see what a monster of flashlight the Gigathrower is, 60% longer and 60% more diameter
134mmx315mm vs 84x189mm

They are completely different. The BLF GT is HUGE, extremely large, much larger and heavier than the MF-02, it also has a much wider reflector, which is why the light of the BLF GT reaches much farther, in fact further than any other flashlight, is powered by 8 batteries, instead of the 4 of the Astrolux, in addition the BLF GT is manufactured by Lumintop, and carries the Narsilm UI, obviously for all this the GT is also more expensive.

The Astrolux MF-01 is a more usable flashlight for its size, and more affordable for its price.

Glad to read that. :+1:

Lexel , they shipped it with DHL or China post etc ?

Miguel,
Thanks for clearing this up. I had them confused as one light. The muscle between my ears doesn’t work as well as it used to when I was younger. Lol! They both are long powerful throwers which is my interest. So I guess I’ll be buying two powerful long throwers!

From what I understand, the MF02 will be similar in stats and performance to the Manker MK35. The MK35 is almost 160.00 USD though

Apart from a lot more metal, I’m not sure what justifies the MF-02 price c.f. the MF-01, a far more technical torch with a load more gubbins inside. Seriously, the MF-02 should be very easy, nothing particularly novel here, a proven formula, little risk. Unless I have missed something obvious.

It should be great, and I might even bite.