ENEDED

First world problems. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure! :smiley:

First-world problems rant. :stuck_out_tongue:

Potentially interested, will see what the early reviewers think.

Just paid 40 USD to be able to get my flashlight.

I told you we Danes get robbed, as this pretty much add 50% to the price i paid BG.

That’s horrible. Like anti globalization.

Well we get what we pay for, vote for stupid people get stupid government.

Though i do think that EU are largely to blame :person_facepalming: , but come on with a gift level that low you cant even buy a girl flowers without getting hammered by customs and taxes.

I am willing to bet no one working in the EU circus ever gotten anyone a gift as cheap as 16 Dollars or what ever it is for the gift maximum.

It is not often i buy gifts, but when i do i spend 100 USD at least, and i am by no means a rich person.

It is what it is, but i now have my light powered up on a set of Sony’s, seem to be working fine so now i await darkness to ascend on Denmark.

PS. Worst part the parcel have no pricing on it or invoice inside and it haven’t been opened, so i wonder what i was taxed on in the first place :confounded:

Be careful with DHL. I once paid like 45 euro to DHL. 13 Euro was like handling fee. 10 Euro or so was the actual tax I had to pay for the light (even though the price listed on the parcel was much lower than actual price). And the remaining 22 Euro was tax I had to pay for the DHL shipping service. The Chinese vendor did not put any shipping cost for this on the parcel, so DHL calculated what they think is realistic. So DHL “assumed” shipping cost is like 120 Euro or so.
So never DHL for me again.

With my 2 pieces of MF01 lights I got free “expedited shipping” within 8 days. I downgraded this to standard shipping with tracking ~20 days to avoid such problems.

Yeah i get you, dont know why i got expedited shipping i dident ask for or pay for it.

Too bad companies can roam free like that, but its the sad fact and there are many of them.

I really dont like man of the big guns are building datacenters here in Denmark, no doubt i will be the one paying for that cuz they all use highly creative ways to circumvent paying taxes.
Google - facetwitt - fruit company, make billions cheating people both with products and taxes after that, so many brands i cant support when i go shopping.

It would probably cost 120 euro to send a parcel this size and 1.2 kilos to China from here, just insane if you ask me, and a wonder how they can do it for free the other way.
So to me either Chinese cheat them self - or we get cheated trying to ship out there.
I know China have a special postal deal that will also end soon, and so it should we pay for everything they ship out of there due to that old postal deal.

Will have to keep my eyes out for such things in the future, its not that i mind paying, but getting screwed over are never fun.

This is really terrible. Is there a way to make an appeal if you are able to provide them the digital invoice from your BG's account?

Hi …
Just received a DHL Express parcel (value USD$ 50) and DHL charged me USD$ 35 for “handling” and VAT.

That bill came in the mail a week after I had received the package.

… DHL Norway say: that when a package is shipped with DHL Express,
then you agree that DHL prepays customs, VAT and any other public charges for the importer.

So be prepared for an extra bill…

I am contemplating this as i type, cuz really you should not let things like this just slide by, it are after all some degree of theft or robbery.

The 25 USD of these are the insane handling fee DHL and similar are allowed to collect here, so the 15 USD are customs and sales tax of the shipping prize that sender paid or have been assumed to pay.
So all in all it might not be outright robbery but just the prize of being a Dane, but i will do some calculating on it if i can figure these complex systems we have, nothing other than taking a dump here are simple, at least not when government and taxes are involved in it.

Buying a 20 USD spare part in the US for a RC car of mine will end up being a 50 - 60 USD expense for me before i have my part in hand, that’s just ridiculous to me.

Is this Denmark’s way of saying you should buy local and support local businesses? Don’t buy foreign?

I hope not i only buy food here and gasoline for my car, the rest i get from the outside, last time i got socks i got them from the UK.

Every one seem hell bend of screwing it all up, so i do my best to be part of that too.

Why i dont know if we ran things right here we could almost have streets paved in gold, but it seem mediocre are fine with most people here.
so we take pride in our potholes in the streets here are not as deep or as many as in other countries.
But i am the guy that just cant stop thinking what if ?
And improve on things that dont really need any improving or where me changing some things only give marginal or esthesic gains.

Also many of the things i like to tinker with are marginal here some even illegal, so i have to be highly creative and chance it bending some laws, all to have a little innocent fun.

Many drive rc cars here, but the off road scale trucks i drive are quite marginal with only 5% or so of users into that, and if you can find any spare parts here its stock ones hop up parts are almost non existing here.

Material shortage, NW version has to wait a bit longer.

Ok, I may be in. But I will need batteries.

Keep in mind, I will want stable runtime over anything else. Someone elaborate on the differences between the Mateminco and Astrolux versions in terms of driver, please?

NOTE: I am NOT interested in a DD rocket thrower.

The Mateminco version runs the emitter at 2A while the Astrolux version is supposed to be higher, 2.5A to 2.7A, but no one has been able to test this yet as only a couple of people have recieved the light so far.

The lower output Mateminco version will probably run longer at max output due to generating less heat.

As for batteries, the light can run on 2 or 4 cells. With 2 cells your gonna see maybe 5 amps each cell, but as the voltage drops the boost driver will draw more current. It might pull 8 amps from each cell.

I would definitely recommend always running 4 cells in it. Then your looking at 2.5A to 4 amps per cell.

So there are a lot of cells out there that will handle that.

Ps, I’m not sure the MT35 has a choice of emitters. It seems it’s cool white only.

Mateminco MT35 is now identical to Astrolux MF-02 , mt35 changed too .

FYI. I ordered mine from the bangood on 11/30 and got it last week. I did pay $84 U.S.

I believe this is the same light. I am new to high power flashlights, but am very impressed with it.

So you mean both the 72mm reflector and the higher amp driver?